Sign up for a subscription-free Basic Receivables account to receive money in Canada, send invoices, and track payments.
In this guide, we’ll take you through how to set up your account and start receiving payments in Canada.
- Track your payment
- Set up exchange rate alerts
- Add additional bank accounts
- Add additional users
- View transaction history
Create your account
When your customer or payer has a subscription-based Bill.com account, they can invite you to receive payments as a vendor in Canada. When they invite you, you'll receive an email notification with the details.
To create your account:
- Select Accept Invitation in the email invite.
- Enter your first and last name, email address, and desired password, and select Create Account.
- Enter your phone number for Multi-factor authentication (MFA)/2-step verification, and select Send Code.
- Enter the code you receive and select Next.
- Select your account type; business, sole proprietor, independent contractor, and select Next.
- Complete contact/company information (all fields required) and select Next
- Add your primary bank information (all fields required) and select Finish.
- Note: be sure to add the EFT/ACH information for your bank, not the wire information
- This must be a CAD bank account, based in Canada; you can add another bank account later to receive payments in USD if needed, but all bank accounts you add to your account must be based in Canada.
All set! If your payer/customer has already created an invoice to pay you, they can now send payment to the bank account you added. See the sections below on how to create an invoice, track payment, or withdraw funds.
Add beneficial ownership information
As a licensed Foreign Money Service Business (FMSB) in Canada and Money Services Business in Quebec, Bill.com Canada LLC is required to collect beneficial ownership information under the requirements of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA).
If we require owner information in addition to what you provided during sign-up, you'll see a step for this on your overview screen when you login. Select Get Started to provide the info, or select Skip to skip that step for now.
Important Note: you won't be able to withdraw payments until this information is provided.
Informational article: Why do we require beneficial ownership information and what do we do with it?
Create and send an invoice
Create and send an invoice to your payer/customer which they can then approve and pay in their Bill.com account. Select Create Invoice on the overview screen to start, or see the article below for more detail.
Select Skip to skip this step if you already have an invoice.
Note: If you'd like to create invoices in USD, your payer/customer must create the first invoice in their account to select USD as the currency.
How to article: Create and send invoices
When your payer/customer sends you a payment, you can choose when to withdraw, based on currency and exchange rates. You can also set up auto-withdraw if you'd like us to automatically deposit payments for you. Select Set up now on the overview screen to start, or see the article below for more detail.
Select Got it to skip this step if you don't want auto-withdrawal at this time.
How to article: Withdraw funds in CAD or USD and manage auto-withdraw
Track your payment
Would you like to know when you can expect to receive a payment? You can check on the status of payments in your Bill.com account.
How to article: Check the status of your incoming payments
Set up exchange rate alerts
Set up exchange rate alerts to have more control over your cashflow, and withdraw funds at ideal times.
How to article: Set up exchange rate alerts
Add additional bank accounts
Add additional bank accounts as needed, and when you withdraw funds, you can select the account to deposit funds to, depending on currency.
Add additional users
Add more users to your account if you'd like them to also be able to send invoices or track payments.
How to article: Add a new user
View transaction history
You can view all past payments and withdrawals from your Overview page. Only completed transactions will appear here.
How to article: View transaction history
- I was invited to get paid in Canada by a Bill.com customer
- Add or correct bank account information to receive payments in Canada
- Withdraw funds, manage auto-withdraw, and view transaction history
- Subscription-free Basic account: Create and send invoices
- Incoming payment status
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA)/2-step verification