There are two types of email addresses associated with most Bill.com accounts:
- Login Email Address - used to log into your Bill.com account
- Inbox Email Address - used for your Bill.com's Inbox
Login Email Address
The login email address is the unique email address used to log into your Bill.com account.
For Subscription free Basic accounts, to ensure the security of your account, a login email address cannot be changed. You will want to create a new user with the email address that you'd like, and then delete the user with the email address that is no longer needed.
- You will also want to let your customer(s) know that they need to update the email they have for you in their Bill.com account, as this change will not update their side automatically; payment notifications will be sent to the old address if your customer does not also update your email address. You can send a note to your customer within Bill.com to notify them of the change:
- Click Customers in the left navigation menu
- Click the Customer's name
- Click Notes
- Enter note
- Toggle Visible to customer on
- Click Save
Inbox Email Address
The inbox email address is created in Bill.com and used as a receive-only Inbox where Vendor and Customers send bills, invoices, and other documents to the account. Documents received in the mail can also be scanned and emailed to the Inbox email address. Each Inbox email address is specific to the account and is customizable, by default it will be < what you entered for Company Name >@bill.com.
To change the Inbox email address:
From the Inbox page
- Click Edit next to the current Inbox email address
- Enter new Inbox email prefix
- Click Save