From Oracle NetSuite to Bill.com
- Discount items:
- Discount items at the header level of an invoice in Oracle NetSuite will not sync to Bill.com
- Discount Items at the line item level will sync into Bill.com as a line item from Oracle NetSuite. It will not be editable in Bill.com.
- Discount line items will only apply to the line item directly above it
- Discounts in Oracle NetSuite can be a percentage, but only the amount of that discount line item will sync to Bill.com. The percentage will not show in Bill.com.
- If you create an invoice in Bill.com and select a discount line item, when it syncs to NetSuite the discount will be applied to the entire amount of the invoice, i.e. at the header level.
- Best Practice:
- If you would like the discount applied at the header level, create the invoice in Bill.com
- If you would like the discount applied at the line item level, create the invoice in Oracle NetSuite
- Shipping items on invoices:
- Shipping items used on an invoice in Oracle NetSuite will sync is as line items on the invoice in Bill.com, which will add the associated amount to the invoice total
- Best practice is to manage shipping items on invoices in Oracle Netsuite, because selecting shipping items when creating an invoice in Bill.com will not sync back to Oracle NetSuite, to the proper shipping table?
From Bill.com to Oracle NetSuite
- Items created in Bill.com will sync to Oracle NetSuite with the subtype: For Resale.
- If an item needs to have a different subtype, it must be created in Oracle NetSuite.