When first starting with the Bill.com service, allow 4 banking days for both ePayments and mailed checks. All new accounts need to build payment history. After 5 successfully completed payments, payment timing will be accelerated to the default timing examples shown below (for example, ePayments under $5,000 will arrive in 2 banking days). Once your payment timing has been accelerated, you'll also have access to Bill.com expedited payment options.
This timing applies to Advanced accounts only:
Advanced account: An account with a monthly fee that has additional features such as sync with accounting software, Approvals, and the ability to accept payments or send payments to more people, regardless of account type or connection status
- Paying a bill
- ePayment timing
- Vendor Direct payment timing
- Check payment timing
- International payment timing
Paying a bill
- Enter details on the bill and schedule a payment (Schedule a payment by 6 pm PT, and we'll start processing it the next banking day)
- We show an expected arrival date for each payment
- Allow 4 banking days for the ePayment or check payment to be received by the vendor (faster after 5 successfully completed payments)
- Check payments may take longer than 4 banking days to reach the vendor, depending on USPS
- International payment timing depends on the currency
- Banking days are Monday through Friday (excluding bank holidays)
- The Pay screen will always show an Arrives by date for ePayments and Vendor Direct payments
- The Pay screen will show an Est. arrival date for checks
- Check arrival dates are always shown as estimates, since we cannot guarantee USPS delivery times, and may take longer than 4 banking days to reach the vendor.
Vendor Direct payment timing
Check payment timing
When scheduling a payment via Bill.com, the earliest process date that can be selected is the next banking day (the current date can not be selected). Weekends and holidays do not count in the banking world; if the day selected is a bank holiday or weekend day, the system will automatically push the process date to the next available banking day.
- Example: If attempting to schedule a payment on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday), the system will automatically make the process day Friday, which is not a bank holiday.
- If a weekend or bank holiday falls within the regular processing time for a payment, the payment will take an extra day to process, since banks do not operate on those days. That extra day will be reflected in the "Arrives By" Date.
International payment timing
Payment timing can vary depending on the country of beneficiary, the amount sent, and the time it takes to get the funds from your bank account. We will provide you with an estimated delivery time when you schedule the payment.
- Also note that exact time of funds being made available on vendor’s bank account may vary from bank to bank.
When scheduling a payment, an estimated time of arrival is provided
Here is an example of payment delivery schedule for accelerated payments (our operations team has reviewed your account and accelerated payment timing):
|Payment Currency||Monday (Day 0)||Tuesday (Day 1)||Wednesday (Day 2)||Thursday (Day 3)||Friday (Day 4)|
|CAD, EUR, GBP, HUF, MXN, USD (to Canada)||Payment is scheduled by 6 PM PT to be processed the following banking day||We withdraw funds from your bank account and deposit the funds in your vendor’s bank account|
|AUD, CZK, DKK, HKD, ILS, NZD, PLN, QAR, SAR, SEK, SGD, TND, TRY||Payment is scheduled by 6 PM PT to be processed the following banking day||We withdraw funds from your bank account||We deposit the funds in your vendor’s bank account|
|AED, BGN, BHD, BRL, BWP, CLP, GHS, JOD, KES, KRW, KWD, MYR, NOK, RON, RSD, THB, TWD, UGX, ZAR,
USD (except to Canada)
|Payment is scheduled by 6 PM PT to be processed the following banking day||We withdraw funds from your bank account||We deposit the funds in your vendor’s bank account|
|ALL, AMD, AOA, ARS, AWG, BDT, BMD, BND, BTN, BZD, CNY, COP, CRC, CVE, DOP, DZD, FJD, GEL, GIP, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HNL, HRK, IDR, INR, ISK, JPY, KGS, KMF, KYD, KZT, LKR, LSL, MDL, MGA, MKD, MNT, MOP, MUR, MWK, MZN, NAD, NPR, PEN, PGK, PHP, PYG, RUB, RWF, SBD, SCR, SLL, SVC, SZL, TJS, TOP, TZS, UAH, UZS, VND, XCD, ZMW||Payment is scheduled by 6 PM PT to be processed the following banking day||We withdraw funds from your bank account||We deposit the funds in your vendor’s bank account|