Existing users of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central sync will need to disconnect and reconnect their sync using Oauth. To do this please follow the steps below:
Note: Required User Role in Microsoft 365 should be one of:
- Application admin
- Cloud admin
- Global admin
- Privileged role admin
If you have multiple Business Central companies under the same BC Tenant, leave the Company Name field ( under user groups) blank when setting up the Oauth app in Business Central
Steps to take in Business Central:
- Select the Magnifying Glass
- Search for Azure Active Directory Applications
- Select "+ New"
- Enter the client id: f59ad1a2-d9da-4598-b5ba-2962495b8488
- Change the state to Enabled
- Enter a description (Bill.com Sync). This will create a user with the same name.
- Add the following User Groups: D365 BUS PREMIUM and D365 AUTOMATION
- Add the following User Permission set BILL.COM ( on top of the D365 AUTOMATION, D365 BUSINESS PREMIUM, and LOCAL permission sets that will be added once the User Group is added)
- Select Grant consent, (wait for the pop-up or scroll down and it should be at the Top Left), and select Accept
- Navigate to Help and support page and copy value for the Azure Tenant Id field
- Copy the value for the Environment field ( in most cases it will be Production for Production accounts and Sandbox for sandbox accounts)
Disconnect existing sync and reconnect using Oauth in Bill.com
After completing the steps in Business Central, you'll want to disconnect the existing sync and reconnect the Oauth sync in Bill.com.
We're currently rolling out a fresh new look for our Settings page, so you may see one of 2 designs. Please follow the steps that match what your Settings page looks like.
Select Setup under Sync if your Settings page looks like this:
Select Setup under Sync & Integrations if your Settings page looks like this:
- Select Disconnect
- Select Yes
- Select the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central App card
- Select Connect
- Enter Azure Tenant ID
- Enter Azure Environment ( Production for live orgs)
- Enter Company name of the BC company ( should be prefilled in most cases)
- Select Save