Bill.com is proud to partner with the rent relief programs in Alabama, California, Colorado, and Texas to help you get your rent relief payment as quickly and easily as possible.
Please visit your state’s rent relief program website to review the program, including eligibility and requirements:
|State||Rent Relief Program||Website||Questions?|
|Alabama||Emergency Rental Assistance Alabama||https://eraalabama.com||email - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|California||CA COVID-19 Rent Relief||https://HousingIsKey.com||call - 1-833-430-2122|
|Colorado||Colorado Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)||https://cdola.colorado.gov/rental-mortgage-assistance||call - 1-888-480-0066|
|Tennessee||Tennessee Housing Development Agency COVID-19 Rent Relief||https://thda.org/help-for-renters-section-8/covidrentrelief||email - email@example.com|
|Texas||Texas Rent Relief||https://texasrentrelief.com/||email - firstname.lastname@example.org|
Information for Landlords
If you are a landlord, you'll be sent an invitation to create your own Bill.com account. Your payment information will be managed within your Bill.com account.
Bill.com account set-up
- Wait for your personalized email invitation to create your Bill.com account.
- From your email invitation, select on the “Accept Invitation” button to create your Bill.com account.
- Don’t create an account directly from the Bill.com website.
Managing your Bill.com Account
- For faster payment via ACH (direct deposit), add your bank account information.
- If you don’t add your bank account to your Bill.com account prior to a payment being issued, your payment will be issued as a check and sent via US Mail.
- Don’t mark invoices as “Paid.” The invoice will automatically update to Paid status after the payment has been issued by the program. Your marking the invoice as Paid will prevent the payment from being issued.
Confirming the status of your rent relief payment
You can verify the status of your rent relief payment from within your Bill.com account. Refer to our related article Check the status of your incoming payments for checking payment status and understanding payment status details.
Information for Tenants
If you are a tenant, your rent relief payment will be sent to you as a check payment. You won't need a Bill.com account to receive your payment. We'll send you an email when your payment has processed and is on its way. This email will also include the estimated arrival date.
- If you've received a payment notification email and need to confirm the status of your rent relief payment, please contact your state’s rent relief program directly. Bill.com support is unable to provide details about the status of your payment.
- In most circumstances checks are sent standard USPS mail, with no tracking, so, there's no option to check the status beyond when it was mailed, and what the ETA is based on normal delivery standards.
- Please keep in mind that holidays can affect delivery speeds, and also the USPS is reporting slower delivery times than normal all around due to Covid-19 related operational challenges.
- If a check hasn't arrived by the estimated delivery date, you'll usually want to allow some additional time for them to deliver it. If you are concerned by the lateness, you may want to reach out to your payer and confirm it was sent to the correct address (and update it if necessary), and ask them to void/reissue the payment if you believe it was lost in the mail.
- Only your payer is able to see where a check was mailed, and only your payer can void/reissue a payment. Bill.com support does not have the ability to do that on your behalf.
- Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates back-office financial processes for small and mid-sized businesses.
- Bill.com is completely free to landlords and tenants receiving payments through a qualified program when the account is created by selecting the “Accept Invitation” button in the invitation email.
- Information entered in your Bill.com account is secure, protected with end-to-end encryption. This information isn't visible to the state or the state program.
- All invoice details will be available online in your account for reference.
- Bill.com is used by rent relief programs to send checks or electronic payments. Each rent relief program makes the decision on the rent relief payments and the timing of those payments. Bill.com is only the transaction processor. Bill.com does not withhold any funds or decide who gets paid under each rent relief program.