To help best manage your accounts receivable, here are some things to know about the Sales Invoices workflow between Bill.com and Microsoft Dynamics GP (MSDGP).
GL accounts and classifications
- GL accounts/classifications sync 1-way from MSDGP to Bill.com
- When a user creates a new classification in MSDGP, it creates a new GL account for that classification. The user sets the segment sequence in GP.
- For example, if the user sets the segment sequence in MSDGP to department-GL-division and a user creates a new department 100 called finance, for Palo Alto division 500, and travel expense account 3100, a new GL account would be created for 100-3100-500.
- Since classifications are part of the GL accounts in MSDGP, any classifications added to bills in Bill.com will not sync to MSDGP, and should only be used for approval purposes in Bill.com
- Account category in MSDGP sets the account type in Bill.com. If no account category is selected in MSDGP, the account in Bill.com will be set to unspecified type.
- GL accounts need to have Allow Account Entry (checkbox) enabled GL accounts for transactions to be able to sync to them.
- If a user repurposes any categories in MSDGP and changes the type from the default, those accounts will still sync to Bill.com, but the type will be set to the original category in MSDGP.