To help best manage your accounts payable, here are some things to know about the vendor credit/payables transaction credit memo workflow between Bill.com and Microsoft Dynamics GP (MSDGP).
Vendor credit/purchase credit memo
- Vendor credits in Bill.com will sync to MSDGP as unposted Payables Transaction Credit Memos.
- Unposted Payables Transaction Credit Memos in MSDGP will sync to Bill.com as unapplied vendor credits.
- Vendor credits in Bill.com will sync to the AP account linked to the vendor in MSDGP. If there isn't one, it syncs to the default AP in MSDGP.
- Applying vendor credits in Bill.com won't sync to MSDGP. You need to apply and post in both sides manually.
- If you edit a vendor credit in Bill.com, the update won't sync to MSDGP if the Payables Transaction Credit Memos is posted.
- Vendor credits/Payables Transaction Credit Memos with items will not sync.
- Class, department, employee, and customer do not sync on payables transaction credit memos as MSDGP uses coding on GL accounts to categorize transactions. These classifications should only be used for the approvals process in Bill.com.
- Vendor credits in Bill.com won't sync to MSDGP if the payables transaction credit memo is posted.