To help best manage your accounts receivable, here are some things to know about the Sales Invoices workflow between Bill.com and Microsoft Dynamics GP (MSDGP).
- Invoices in Bill.com will sync to MSDGP as unposted sales invoices.
- Unpaid posted and unposted sales invoices in MSDGP will sync to Bill.com as invoices.
- Invoices in Bill.com will sync to the AR account linked to the customer in MSDGP. If there isn't one, it syncs to the default AR in MSDGP.
- External doc no. is required in MSDGP for a sales invoice to sync to Bill.com
- Once a sales invoice syncs between Bill.com and MSDGP, you can't edit the invoice in Bill.com. Make edits in MSDGP, and those will sync to Bill.com.
- If you add items to an invoice in Bill.com, the related GL account will not sync to MSDGP. The item on the invoice will have the GL mapping set in MSDGP when it syncs.
- Sales invoices with item charges, taxes, and discounts will only sync 1-way from MSDGP to Bill.com.
- If you create a sales invoice in MSDGP with taxes, discounts, freight charges or misc. charges, the details won't sync to Bill.com, but the total tax amount will, as a separate line item.
- Best practice is to create and edit sales invoices in MSDGP.
- Edits to a sales invoice in MSDGP will not sync to the invoice in Bill.com if the invoice is paid or partially paid.
- If you delete/inactivate an invoice in Bill.com, it will not sync to MSDGP if the sales invoice has been posted.
- If you delete a sales invoice in MSDGP, it will not sync to the invoice in Bill.com if the invoice is paid or partially paid.
- Multi-currency or $0 sales invoices in MSDGP will not sync to Bill.com.