To help best manage your accounts payable, here are some things to know about the vendor credit/purchase credit memo workflow between Bill.com and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (MSDBC).
Vendor credit/purchase credit memo
- Vendor credits in Bill.com will sync to MSDBC as unposted purchase credit memos.
- Unposted purchase credit memos in MSDBC will sync to Bill.com as unapplied vendor credits.
- Posting purchase credit memos in MSDBC won't sync to Bill.com. Applying vendor credits in Bill.com won't sync to MSDBC. You need to apply and post in both sides manually.
- If you edit a vendor credit in Bill.com, the update won't sync to MSDBC if the purchase credit memo is posted.
- Only GL account and item on purchase credit memos in MSDBC sync to vendor credits in Bill.com.
- If you use a percentage discount on a line item on a purchase credit memo in MSDBC, the percentage won't sync to Bill.com, but the total discount amount will, as a separate line item.
- Purchase credit memos with item charges, taxes, and discounts will only sync 1-way from MSDBC to Bill.com.
- Percentages, tax codes, areas, items, and jurisdictions won't sync, only the total tax or discount amount syncs as a separate line item.
- Purchase credit memo deletions in Bill.com won't sync to MSDBC if the memo is posted.