To help best manage your accounts receivable, here are some things to know about the sales credit memo workflow between Bill.com and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (MSDBC).
Sales credit memos
- Credit memos in Bill.com will sync to MSDBC as unposted sales credit memos.
- Unposted sales credit memos in MSDBC will sync to Bill.com as unapplied credit memos.
- Posting sales credit memos in MSDBC won't sync to Bill.com. Applying credit memos in Bill.com won't sync to MSDBC. You need to apply and post in both sides manually.
- Once a sales credit memo syncs between Bill.com and MSDBC, you can't edit the memo in Bill.com. Make edits in MSDBC, and those will sync to Bill.com.
- Best practice is to create and edit sales credit memos in MSDBC.
- If the customer for the sales credit memo is marked as Tax Liable in MSDBC, credit memos you create for them in Bill.com won't sync to MSDBC. Create the sales credit memo in MSDBC and let that sync to Bill.com instead.
- If you use a percentage discount on a line item on a sales credit memo in MSDBC, the percentage won't sync to Bill.com, but the total discount amount will, as a separate line item.
- If you create a sales credit memo in MSDBC with taxes applied, the percentages, tax codes, areas, items, and jurisdictions won't sync to Bill.com, but the total tax amount will, as a separate line item.
- Sales credit memos with item charges, taxes, and discounts will only sync 1-way from MSDBC to Bill.com.
- Sales credit memo deletions in Bill.com won't sync to MSDBC if the memo is posted.