With Bill.com International payments, you can send payments to your vendor in US dollars, or in their local currency. To help you make sure you're sending payments to your vendors in their preferred currency, we make it easy for vendors to let you know their preference in just a few steps.
We are phasing in this feature to vendors in Canada only at this time. If you don't see this in your account, stay tuned!
- This feature is currently only available to vendors in Canada. We'll add more countries in the future.
- Vendors will only be able to request a currency change to a currency supported in their country
- Only vendors billed in US dollars can request a currency change. If you bill a vendor in a foreign currency, you can only pay that vendor in the same currency.
- If a vendor requests a currency change, and you deny it, we won't include the currency change link in their payment notification emails in the future
- You can still change their currency in their vendor profile, if you bill them in US dollars
How a vendor requests a currency change
When you schedule a payment to your international vendor, we send them an email notification with the payment details. If your vendor is eligible to request a currency change, we'll also include a link in the payment notification email, which takes them to the currency change request page.
The currency change request page will show the vendor their existing bank details, and let them review and submit the request to change their payment currency.
If they submit the request, we let your vendor know that the change is pending your approval.
Accept or deny a currency change
If your vendor submits a currency change request, we send you an email notification, with a link to the vendor's profile, where you can approve or deny the change from a banner on the page.
If you approve the change, we'll update the vendor's profile to reflect the updated payment currency, and notify your vendor via email that you approved the change.
If you deny the change, we won't change the vendor's profile, and we'll notify your vendor via email that you denied the change. Also, we'll remove the currency change request link from the vendor's future payment notification emails.