Vendor Direct is our virtual card payment method that offers customers a faster digital alternative to paying by check or ACH (ePayment). With Vendor Direct, vendors receive a single-use Mastercard number.
Since launching Vendor Direct in 2019, our teams have made significant investments to support and enhance our virtual card payment experience. Vendor Direct is actively managed by Bill.com:
- Vendors are turned on for Vendor Direct in your account based on Bill.com's network of card-accepting vendors. We work with vendors to verify their card acceptance information and ensure it's kept up to date in our systems.
- We follow up with vendors for any payments that remain unprocessed for more than 6 business days. Most payments are processed by the vendor within 5 business days.
- We have made Vendor Direct even faster. Now pay same-day if you schedule by 10:00 am Pacific Time / 1:00 pm Eastern Time.*
Available in the Single Bill Pay flow based on your organization's risk limits for payments of up to $100,000
Starting November 2020, we'll be moving vendors to Vendor Direct whenever we see the opportunity to send a high quality Vendor Direct payment fast with no transaction fees for our customers. These vendors will be marked as “Vendor Direct” in your Bill.com account.
By digitizing your payments and making them contactless - AP clients will be able to send payments to vendors faster and easier with an enhanced payment experience:
- Save on transaction fees: Virtual card payments are free for you
- Stay in control of your cash flow: Send payments right up until the day they’re due -- no advance planning required
- No setup required: Vendor Direct easily integrates into your existing workflow
In addition to helping our customers save on transaction fees, it also gives accounting firms and vendors added benefits:
- For accountants and accounting firms: no change in the workflows that you use today and access to an actively managed payment method; our teams do all of the work to ensure your vendors’ information is up to date in our systems
- For vendors: get paid faster, and easier reconciliation with rich remittance information
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Customer Support by clicking Contact Us at the top of this page. Alternatively, please reach out to your Account Manager.
Visit Bill.com Vendor Direct: Frequently asked questions (FAQ) for more information on Vendor Direct.