Vendor Direct is our virtual card payment method that offers customers a digital alternative to paying by check or ACH (ePayment) and delivers faster payments with no Bill.com transaction fees to your clients’ vendors using a single-use Mastercard number.
Since launching Vendor Direct in 2019, our teams have made significant investments to support and enhance our virtual card payment experience. Vendor Direct is an actively managed payment method with dedicated teams to support. Bill.com:
- Activates verified vendors
- Keeps vendors’ payment information up-to-date
- Monitors payments to ensure payments get processed in a timely manner, and more
To date, Vendor Direct has helped accounting firms and their clients save money on payment fees. We have also received positive feedback from vendors regarding payment speed and the rich remittance information they receive that enables easy reconciliation.
Starting September, we will be moving vendors to Vendor Direct whenever we see the opportunity to send a high quality Vendor Direct payment fast with no transaction fees. This update is applicable to your existing card-accepting ACH vendors for which you have entered bank account information.
By digitizing your payments and making them contactless - your clients will be able to send payments to vendors faster and easier, giving you even more control and visibility into their payments. In addition to enabling a more efficient payment experience, it gives you, your clients, and their vendors added benefits:
- For accountants and accounting firms: no change in the workflows that you use today and access to an actively managed payment method; our teams do all of the work to ensure your vendors’ information is up to date to reduce risk of fraud
- For your clients: save money with no transaction fees
- For your clients’ vendors: get paid faster, and easier reconciliation with rich remittance information
Who does this apply to?
This update is applicable to client accounts that have been sending Vendor Direct payments to some of their vendors, instead of checks.
We are focused on converting ePayments to Vendor Direct only when there is an opportunity to send a high quality payment fast with no transaction fees to the vendor. That said, if you have specific agreements with a vendor to pay with ACH by entering their bank account info, please let us know through Customer Support.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Customer Support by clicking Contact Us at the top of this page. Alternatively, please reach out to your Account Manager.
Visit Bill.com Vendor Direct: Frequently asked questions (FAQ) for more information on Vendor Direct.