Due to current federal regulations, you must have a US address to sign up for a Bill.com account.
If you are a vendor outside of the US and you'd like to receive payments from a customer who uses Bill.com, give your international banking information to your customer and they can add it to their account to send you payments. You can also ask your customer to send you a link to enter your payment information securely.
- What if I don't have a US address?
- Can I use a non-US address as a mailing address?
- Can I use a US P.O. Box?
- Can I use an international phone number for my company phone?
- Can I use an international phone number for multi-factor authentication/2-step verification?
- Can I sign up and use Bill.com while I am outside the US?
- Can I sign up with a US address, but add a non-US bank account to make or receive payments?
- Can I make international payments?
What if I don't have a US address?
Unfortunately, you won't be able to sign up to use Bill.com at this time. Please check back with us in the future.
Can I use a non-US address as a mailing address?
No. Company, personal, and mailing addresses must all be US addresses.
Can I use a US P.O. Box?
No. The company address must be a physical street address, as we use this for verification in compliance with federal and state laws.
Can I use an international phone number for my company phone?
Yes. We suggest using a US phone number for your company phone to correspond with your US address, but you can use an international number if you'd like.
Can I use an international phone number for multi-factor authentication/2-step verification?
Yes. Multi-factor authentication (MFA)/2-step verification supports text codes to all US and international cell phone numbers. Codes via phone call are only available to cell phone numbers from the US and Canada.
- Be sure to include "+" followed by your country code when entering your phone number so that it will be accepted. For example, phone numbers from England would be formatted as +4401234567890
- Enter your phone number with no spaces
- There are some limitations to sending SMS messages to mobile devices in India. For more information: Limitations sending SMS messages to Indian mobile devices.
Can I sign up and use Bill.com while I am outside the US?
Yes. However, if you are setting up a bank account and are currently located outside the US, or don't have a US public record history, we offer the option to verify your identity through documents.
Can I sign up with a US address, but add a non-US bank account to make or receive payments?
No. To pay bills or get paid using Bill.com, you must add a US based bank account to your Bill.com account.
Can I make international payments?
Yes. Bill.com lets you pay international vendors electronically, making cross-border business payments just as easy as domestic payments. International payments aren't available for receivables.