Due to current federal regulations, you must have a US address to sign up for a Bill.com account.
If you are a vendor outside of the US and you'd like to receive payments from a customer who uses Bill.com, give your international banking information to your customer and they can add it to their account to send you payments.
- What if I do not have a US address?
- Can I use a non-US address as a mailing address?
- Can I use an international phone number for my company phone?
- Can I use an international phone number for multi-factor authentication/2-step verification?
- Can I sign up and use Bill.com while I am outside the US?
- Can I sign up with a US address, but add a non-US bank account to make or receive payments?
- Can I make international payments?
What if I do not have a US address?
Unfortunately, you will not be able to sign up to use Bill.com at this time. Please check back with us in the future.
Can I use a non-US address as a mailing address?
No. Company, personal, and mailing addresses must all be US addresses.
Can I use an international phone number for my company phone?
Yes. We suggest using a US phone number for your company phone to correspond with your US address, but you can use an international number if you'd like.
Can I use an international phone number for multi-factor authentication/2-step verification?
Yes. Multi-factor authentication (MFA)/2-step verification supports text codes to all US and international cell phone numbers. Codes via phone call are only available to cell phone numbers from the US and Canada.
- Be sure to include "+" followed by your country code when entering your phone number so that it will be accepted. For example, phone numbers from England would be formatted as +4401234567890
- Enter your phone number with no spaces
- There are some limitations to sending SMS messages to mobile devices in India. For more information: Limitations sending SMS messages to Indian mobile devices.
Can I sign up and use Bill.com while I am outside the US?
Yes. However, if you are setting up a bank account and are currently located outside the US, or do not have a US public record history, we offer the option to verify your identity through documents.
Can I sign up with a US address, but add a non-US bank account to make or receive payments?
No. To pay bills or get paid using Bill.com, you must add a US based bank account to your Bill.com account.
Can I make international payments?
Yes. Bill.com lets you pay international vendors electronically, making cross-border business payments just as easy as domestic payments. International payments are not available for receivables.