You can invite your international vendors to enter their own bank information to save time and ensure the payment is headed to the right place.
What your invited vendor sees
Here is what the vendor sees when they accept your invitation and add their bank information.
Note: The images below are for example only. Due to each country's financial regulations and requirements, additional information may be required when your vendor is setting up International payments.
Your vendor receives an invitation email letting them know who invited them, who Bill.com is, why their info will be secure, and that the invitation link expires in 7 days.
When your vendor clicks Get Started on the invitation email, they are taken to the company info page
- Company Name and Payment notification email is pre-filled from your vendor record and is not editable
- Address and Business type is pre-filled from your vendor record but is editable
- Anything changed here will update your vendor record
- Your vendor is directed to you for any questions, and your contact info is pulled from your Company Profile
After the company info page, the vendor sees the add bank info page.
- Vendor can select Wire or EFT (iACH) if they are in Canada - required bank info is the same for either
- Any other country, the method is always wire
- Vendor is again directed to their customer for any questions
- Vendor can select the currency of their payments. A bank account that accepts USD is required for USD payments
Once the vendor enters valid bank information and clicks Save and finish, they get a notification that they are ready to get paid, and that they will receive an email when payment is on the way.
If your vendor doesn't enter bank info within 4 days, and you also have not entered a bank for them, we will send them a reminder email to encourage them to add their bank info before the invitation expires.
Things to know
- Pricing for EFT(iACH) is the same as international wires
- If a vendor selects iACH, the deposit will come from Cambridge Mercantile Corp on their bank statement, rather than Bill.com
- If your vendor decides to give you their bank info directly, you do not have cancel the invite before entering the bank info manually in your side
- The invitation doesn’t appear in invites history
- This workflow does not create a Bill.com account for the vendor, it just gathers the info and updates your vendor record so you can send them payments