If you have vendors to pay in Canada, you can invite them to enter their own bank information to save time, and ensure the payment is headed to the right place.
Inviting a Canadian vendor to enter bank info
When you are creating or editing a vendor, and you select Canada as the vendor's bank location, you can then select Invite my vendor to enter their payment information to invite the vendor to enter their own bank information.
During the quick add vendor workflow, there is a check box to send the invitation.
A tracker shows on the vendor profile to let you know the invitation status. The tracker includes a resend link, and also shows invite expired if the vendor doesn’t add bank info within 7 days.
Once your vendor adds valid bank info, their payment method shows as wire.
What the vendor sees
Your vendor receives an invitation email letting them know who invited them, who Bill.com is, why their info will be secure, and that the invitation link expires in 7 days.
When your vendor clicks Get Started on the invitation email, they are taken to the company info page
- Company Name and Payment notification email is pre-filled from your vendor record and is not editable
- Address and Business type is pre-filled from your vendor record but is editable
- Anything changed here will update your vendor record
- Your vendor is directed to you for any questions, and your contact info is pulled from your Company Profile
After the company info page, the vendor sees the add bank info page.
- Vendor can select Wire or EFT (iACH) - required bank info is the same for either.
- Vendor is again directed to their customer for any questions.
- Vendor can select the currency of their payments, USD is only available to US dollar banks.
Once the vendor enters valid bank information and clicks Save and finish, they are notified that they are ready to get paid, and that they will receive an email when payment is on the way.
Things to know
- Pricing for EFT(iACH) is the same as international wires
- If a vendor selects iACH, the deposit will come from Cambridge Mercantile Corp on their bank statement, rather than Bill.com
- If your vendor decides to give you their bank info directly, you do not have cancel the invite before entering the bank info manually in your side
- The invitation doesn’t appear in invites history
- This workflow does not create a Bill.com account for the vendor, it just gathers the info and updates your vendor record so you can send them payments