You can invite your international vendors to enter their own bank information to save time and make sure the payment is headed to the right place.
What your invited vendor sees
Here is what the vendor sees when they accept your invitation and add their bank information.
Note: The images below are for example only. Due to each country's financial regulations and requirements, additional information may be required when your vendor is setting up International payments.
Your vendor receives an invitation email letting them know who invited them, who Bill.com is, why their info will be secure, and that the invitation link expires in 7 days.
When your vendor selects Get Started on the invitation email, they are taken to the company info page
- Company Name and Payment notification email are pre-filled from your vendor record and aren't editable
- Address and Business type are pre-filled from your vendor record but are editable
- Anything changed here will update your vendor record
- Your vendor is directed to you for any questions, and your contact info is pulled from your Company Profile
After the company info page, the vendor sees the add bank info page.
- Vendor can select Wire or EFT - required bank info is the same for either
- Any other country, the method is always wire
- Vendor is again directed to their customer for any questions
- Vendor can select the currency of their payments. A bank account that accepts USD is required for USD payments
Once the vendor enters valid bank information and selects Save and finish, they get a notification that they are ready to get paid, and that they'll receive an email when payment is on the way.
If your vendor doesn't enter bank info within 4 days, and you haven't entered a bank for them, we'll send them a reminder email to encourage them to add their bank info before the invitation expires.
Things to know
- Pricing for EFT is the same as international wires
- If your vendor decides to give you their bank info directly, you do not have cancel the invite before entering the bank info manually on your side
- The invitation doesn’t appear in invites history
- This workflow doesn't create a Bill.com account for the vendor (with the exception of Canada),it just gathers the info and updates your vendor record so you can send them payments.
- If your vendor is in Canada, they do in fact create a subscription-free Bill.com account where they can manage their bank accounts, manage their payment balance, and set up auto-withdraw.