Bill.com is constantly working to streamline your accounts payable and accounts receivable processes! You can check out the links to updated articles on the bottom of this page, but here's a summary of what's new this month:
Lead time preferences, which determine the default process date of your payments, can now be set between -60 and 100 at the account and vendor levels.
Vendor bank edit
Now you can edit a vendor's bank account if you manage it in their vendor record, instead of having to remove and then re-add.
Offline "mark as paid" payments
Offline payments are enhanced in 2 ways with this release:
- You can now search for accounts on these payments with an account number in addition to the account name
- The Arrives by date will now say Not applicable - offline payment instead of a date that can be misleading on these types of payments that are not actually sending anything
You can now turn off the notification that lets you know your customer has created an invoice, in your notification preferences.
To maximize your workspace, you can now collapse the navigation menu, and expand again as needed.
For users of consoles, we continue the rollout of a new Company Switcher to help navigate between multiple accounts, and have added to do list counts for an easy overview of tasks to complete in each.
Intelligent virtual assistant (IVA) - Swift code detection
IVA will now detect Swift codes on inbox documents when the Swift code matches more than one bank branch as long as it also matches a head office.
International wire exceptions
If your international wire encounters a delay or exception, we will now update the payment's arrives by date in the payment record, when the exception has been resolved.
Check number sync
We will now sync check numbers from Bill.com payments to QuickBooks Online, in the payment memo field.
Blank customer or vendor sync
To continue complying with federal recordkeeping laws, if a piece of important info is missing from a vendor or customer in your accounting software, the vendor or customer will not update in Bill.com and you will see a sync error letting you know what is missing.
- Set lead time preferences and determine a payment's process date
- Update or inactivate a vendor's bank information
- Marking bills as paid with an offline payment
- Email preferences and notifications
- Using the left navigation menu
- Switch between your different Bill.com accounts and signing out
- International payments: Set up an international vendor for payment
- Sync Matrix for QuickBooks Online