As of January 10, 2020, we have begun phasing in document sync (beta) for accounts that sync with QuickBooks Online (QBO). This feature will sync documents attached to bills, from Bill.com to QuickBooks Online.
If this feature has been added to your account, you can enable or disable document sync on your sync preferences.
If you do not see this feature in your account yet, stay tuned!
- What syncs with QBO document sync?
- When does the document sync to QBO?
- Where does the document sync to in QBO?
- Will documents sync from QBO to Bill.com?
- Will only pages associated with a bill sync from a multi-page document?
- Is there a file size limit on syncing documents?
- If I remove a document from a bill in Bill.com, will that sync to QBO?
- Why isn't my document syncing?
What syncs with QBO document sync?
Documents attached to saved bills in Bill.com will sync to the associated bills in QBO, when document sync is enabled.
When does the document sync to QBO?
When a document is attached to a bill, the bill is saved, and then a sync is run, the document will then sync to QBO, if document sync was enabled before the document was attached and the bill saved.
Where does the document sync to in QBO?
The document will sync to the Attachments section of the bill details in QBO.
Will documents sync from QBO to Bill.com?
Documents will not sync from QBO to Bill.com. They will only sync from Bill.com to QBO.
Will only pages associated with a bill sync from a multi-page document?
No. Currently, if you associate only specific pages of a single multi-page document to a bill in Bill.com, the whole document (all pages) will still sync to the bill in QBO. If one multi-page document is used to create multiple bills in Bill.com, the full multi-page document (all pages) will sync to each bill in QBO.
For example, if a 10 page document has 5 pages associated to one bill, and the other 5 pages are associated to another bill in Bill.com, all 10 pages will sync to both bills in QBO.
Is there a file size limit on syncing documents?
Yes; documents must be 25MB or less to sync to QBO, as that is QBO's attachment limit.
If I remove a document from a bill in Bill.com, will that sync to QBO?
No. The document must be removed from QBO manually as well.
Why isn't my document syncing?
If your document is not syncing, here are some things you can check:
- Is document sync enabled?
- Was the document in your inbox before you enabled document sync?
- Only documents uploaded to the inbox after document sync is enabled will sync to QBO when attached to a bill
- Is the document 25MB or less?