Administrator users of accounts that sync with Oracle NetSuite or Sage Intacct can enable or disable the Purchase Order (PO) feature.
Enable or disable purchase orders
- Select Settings
- Select Features under Billing & Subscription
- Select Use it to enable POs, or select Don't use it to disable POs
When you first enable, purchase order workflow will be set to 2-way matching by default. You can change to 3-way matching in Settings.
Learn More about 2-way and 3-way matching.
Enable or disable purchase orders for console clients
If you are the console administrator:
- In your console, select Features
- Select Purchase Order
- Select Use it to enable POs, or select Don't use it to disable POs for each eligible client
If you are the client:
If your account is managed by your accountant, please contact your accountant to enable purchase orders for you, following the steps above.
Things to Know
- When POs are disabled, you won't see Purchase orders in the navigation menu
- When POs are disabled, they won't sync to Bill.com from your accounting software, and you won't be able to link bills to POs
- Any POs created in your accounting software while POs are disabled in Bill.com will sync to Bill.com if you enable POs again
- If you disable POs after linking POs to bills in Bill.com, the links will still remain if you enable POs again
- Any bills created from a PO and containing line items from a PO will still keep those line items if POs are disabled