Payment timing can vary depending on the country of beneficiary, the amount sent, and the time it takes to get the funds from your bank account. We will provide you with an estimated delivery time when you schedule the payment.
If there is an issue with a payment, we will email any necessary additional steps to the Administrator users of your Bill.com account.
Note: Due to existing circumstances, some countries are experiencing payment delays as they transition to remote work environments. Please plan for additional time when sending payments to these countries, which you can find on the list of countries.
Review trace details
If your vendor has not received payment by the 5th banking day, and Administrator users have not received an email notifying them of a delay, you may be able to view payment trace details in your Bill.com account if your vendor's country supports SWIFT codes.
- Select Payments out in the navigation menu
- Select the payment confirmation number for the payment you want to trace
- Select Payment trace details
What can I do with these details?
Confirm payment information
Using the payment trace details page, compare the payment information in the top Confirm payment information section against what your vendor provided, to verify it was entered into Bill.com correctly.
- If you find an error in the payment information, you can void the payment if it doesn't show as cleared/disbursed yet. You can then correct the vendor's payment information, and schedule a new payment.
- If the payment information is correct, move to the next option below.
- If the payment shows as disbursed but your vendor still has not received it, move to the next option below.
Trace the payment
If you don't see any issues with the payment information, the Trace the payment section has additional details that you can give to your vendor. Your vendor can provide those details to their bank to locate and deposit the payment. This resolves the vast majority of missing or delayed payments.
- If the vendor's bank locates the payment using the trace details, your vendor should ask the bank if there is a way to prevent the delay in the future (additional info, corrected info, etc.)
- If the vendor's bank is unable to locate the payment with the trace details, please contact Customer Support