Using Purchase Orders within Oracle NetSuite? Try out our Purchase Order sync feature!
You'll still continue to create and manage Purchase Orders (PO) in Oracle NetSuite, but now you can sync them through to Bill.com and link or match them to bills. We'll automatically pre-fill certain items from the PO using artificial intelligence.
Watch a demo video here!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a charge?
- Is there anything else I need to setup in Oracle NetSuite?
- How many POs will be synced over?
- Which POs are synced in from Oracle NetSuite?
- Are International currency POs supported?
- Will GL account updates on Bills linked to POs in Bill.com sync back to Oracle NetSuite?
- Will the item receipt created from a PO sync into Bill.com?
- Can I unlink a bill from a PO?
- Does Bill.com support creating, deleting, editing or approving POs?
- I am using Oracle NetSuite and I don't see this feature in my account, can I request to have it enabled?
- Do you plan on making this feature available for other accounting softwares?
- I am using POs in Oracle NetSuite and I don't see this feature, can I request to have it enabled?
- Have feedback you want to share?
Is there a charge?
- There is no charge for the PO feature presently.
Is there anything else I need to setup in Oracle Netsuite?
- Bundle 3.3.6o or newer is required to sync PO's with Oracle NetSuite successfully. To check which version you're on or to update the bundle, follow the instructions here.
How many POs will be synced over?
- By default, we sync in open POs you created in the last three months from your accounting software to Bill.com. If you want to sync even earlier POs to Bill.com, make an update to the PO in question (Edit & Save) and sync again. If you have a large list of older PO's, please contact our customer success team and we will assist you.
Which POs are synced in from Oracle NetSuite?
- With Oracle NetSuite, we sync in POs that are "pending receipt", “partially received”, or "pending bill/partially received", "pending bill", and "fully billed".
- If Oracle NetSuite is setup to receive items on a PO, the status will not be updated to "filled" in Bill.com until items are received in Oracle NetSuite, even if a bill is attached to the PO in Bill.com
- The PO will have a "receive" button in Oracle NetSuite if it is setup for item receipt
- If a bill is created in Bill.com and linked to a PO that has not yet been marked as received in Oracle NetSuite, "Bill in Advance of Receipt" needs to be enabled Oracle NetSuite, or the bill will cause a sync error and will not sync to Oracle NetSuite (see article at the bottom of this page)
Are International currency POs supported?
- This feature is for POs in USD only.
Will GL account updates on bills linked to POs in Bill.com sync back to Oracle NetSuite?
- Yes, GL accounts added to the Expenses tab on a bill linked to a PO will sync in both directions.
Will the item receipt created from a PO sync into Bill.com?
- The item receipt created from a PO will not sync to Bill.com.
- Creating an item receipt will update the status of the PO in Oracle NetSuite, the PO status update will sync and update the status of the PO in Bill.com
Can I unlink a bill from a PO?
- After a bill has an associated PO and has synced between Oracle NetSuite and Bill.com, you will be unable to unlink them. This is because the accounting system should be the system of record. If you need to unlink a PO from a bill, the bill will need to be deleted and a new bill created to link to the correct PO.
Does Bill.com support creating, deleting, editing or approving POs?
- Not currently. We are exploring additional ways to serve the needs of our customers.
Do you plan on making this feature available for other accounting softwares?
- We are always assessing our accounting software integrations for enhancements.
I am using Oracle NetSuite and I don't see this feature in my account, can I request to have it enabled?
- Contact Support to let us know you're interested.
Have feedback you want to share?
- Please email us at email@example.com