Looking for a payment? Your customer must click Pay to initiate a payment to you.
Bill.com cannot provide information on your customer's account, payment setup, bank information or other private data. If you are missing a payment, you can send a reminder to your customer for an unpaid invoice from within your Bill.com account or contact your customer directly.
Within your Bill.com account, you can check on the status of a payment if you and your customer's account are connected within the Bill.com Network. Whether you created an invoice and sent it to your customer or if your customer created a bill to pay you, it displays as an invoice in your account.
To check payment status
- Log into your Bill.com account
- Click Invoices in the left navigation menu
- Select the Invoice you want to check
The Invoice tracker will keep you up to date on the status of the invoice and shows you 5 possible statuses
- Sent - the date you sent the invoice to your customer
- Accepted - the date your customer entered the bill into their Bill.com account
- Approved - the date your customer approves the bill for payment, if they use an approval workflow
- Payment Incoming - the date the payment will deposit in your bank account
- Paid outside of Bill.com - your customer has marked this invoice as paid without sending a live payment through Bill.com
- The invoice will still show as unpaid in your account until you record a manual payment on it. Contact your customer for more information on payment.
We also keep you updated via email notifications when payments process. Learn more about payment email notifications here.