Would you like to know when you can expect to receive a payment? You can check on the status of payments in your Bill.com account. You must be connected to your customer’s or payer's account through the Bill.com Network to check the status. Learn how to check if you're connected to your customer.
Whether you created an invoice and sent it to your customer or payer or your customer or payer created a bill to pay you, you’ll find this information as an invoice in your Bill.com account. We’ll show you how to check payment status from either your computer or mobile device.
Check payment status
On your computer
- In your Bill.com account, select Invoices in the navigation menu.
- Select the invoice associated with the payment.
The Invoice Status tracker will keep you up to date on the status of the invoice and whether your payment is on its way.
On your mobile device
- In your Bill.com app, select the options bars in the top left corner of your screen.
- Select Invoices.
- Select the invoice associated with the payment expected.
The invoice status tracker will keep you up to date on the status of the invoice and whether your payment is on its way.
Payment status details
- Sent - Date you sent the invoice to your customer or payer.
- Bill created - Date your customer or payer created a bill to pay you in their Bill.com account.
- Accepted - Date your customer or payer accepted the invoice to pay you in their Bill.com account.
- Approved - Date your customer or payer approved the bill to pay you.
- Payment Incoming - Date the payment will be deposited directly in your bank account. There's no need to manually transfer or deposit. If your invoice tracker hasn't moved to Payment Incoming, your customer or payer has not yet selected Pay to pay your invoice.
- Paid outside of Bill.com - Means the customer or payer has marked this invoice as paid without sending a live payment through Bill.com. You'll continue to see the invoice marked as unpaid in your account until you record a manual payment on it.
Note: Not all payment statuses will apply to all situations. Contact your customer or payer for more information on payment status details.
Things to know
- If your invoice hasn't moved to Payment Incoming status yet, your customer or payer may not have selected Pay. Contact your customer or payer for more information on payment status details.
- We also keep you informed via email notifications when payments process. Learn more about payment email preferences and notifications.
- Bill.com isn't able to provide information on your customer's or payer's account, payment setup, bank, or other private data. If you are trying to locate a missing payment, you can send a reminder to your customer or payer for an unpaid invoice from within your Bill.com account or contact them directly.
- If you've received an email letting you know you were were paid, but your payment is not reflected in your Bill.com account, you may have provided your customer or payer your bank account information and they've entered it directly. Please contact your customer or payer for more information on the payment.