Risk and Compliance
Beginning in August 2019, Bill.com will begin the auto-voiding and refunds of all payment types, except for Vendor Pay payments, if no action has been taken by the bank authorized user after 90 days.
This will include any historical payments that failed 90 or more days ago, and have not yet been addressed
Photo ID compliance requirement (FL and NM)
Compliance record keeping requirements say that we need to capture and store payor photo ID Information for Florida and New Mexico with certain payment amounts, if the payor is an individual/sole proprietor.
Applicable users will be asked to upload a copy of a photo ID when processing payments meeting or exceeding those amounts.
Continued BEC mitigation
In the last couple releases, we have added in-app warnings to help mitigate fraud via Business Email Compromise (BEC) which continues to be a rapidly growing threat to our security.
This time, we have added a warning to verbally confirm it when a vendor requests a bank account change, to be sure it is a valid request.
Sticky sort has been to the Bill approvals, to allow you to set your own sort preferences.
Sticky sort means the system will remember the sort set by the user on each page until the user manually sorts differently, and will be a user-level preference/setting.
You can now view inactive bills and invoices on the Bills/Invoices tabs on a Vendor/Customer record. There will be a drop down on the bills/invoices tab which is defaulted to Active.
We have added a "Recent" icon at the top of the page, next to the To do list icon, showing a list of the following recently accessed items/pages:
- Vendor Credit
- Payment Received
To do list
This release, we have fixed the To do list links for "overdue bills" and "bills due in the next 7 days;"
- If approvals are on, the links' views will only show approved bills
- Paid bills are omitted from the list views
- Partially paid/unpaid filter will be added to these views
Auto Pay Notifications
If a vendor is on autopay, and the account settings require bill approval before payment, we will now send out communications in 2 instances:
- When a bill for an autopay vendor is saved with approvers/approval groups, all assigned approvers, and admins will receive an email with the date the approval must be done by, or the autopay will be canceled
- If approval was not completed in time and the payment canceled, all admin users will receive notification that the bills need to be approved and manually scheduled for payment
Vendor address options
Because we understand that a vendor may be based in one country while their bank might be in another, we have separated the country fields into 2 places; the vendor's actual address (same place, no change) and a new field has been added called "vendor bank location"
Combine Payments setting
We have clarified the combine payments setting at the overall settings level, versus at the vendor level:
- Combine Payments disabled at settings level:
- Vendor level combine payments setting is disabled for ALL vendors, cannot be edited, and a tooltip will direct you to enable the overall setting
- Combine Payments enabled at settings level:
- Vendor level combine payments is enabled for ALL vendors, but can be disabled per vendor manually, as was the intended purpose for the setting, since combined payments is the widely preferred setting
Now, if you have send an invitation to a vendor, you will still be able to edit the address for the vendor, so you can still send checks, until the vendor has accepted the invite and setup a bank account for epayments.
Foreign currency bills and payments will now sync from Bill.com to QuickBooks Desktop (QBD), even if multi-currency is not enabled in QBD!
Bills and payments will be reverted to USD in QBD, based on the current exchange rate.
Because the exchange rate could vary between the day the bill syncs and the day the payment is processed if they are not at the same time, a new sync preference/GL account “Exchange rate gain/loss account ” will be required to account for the variance.
- Automatic void of failed and returned payments
- Photo ID requirement in Florida and New Mexico
- Protect yourself: Cybercriminals utilizing Business Email Compromise (BEC) schemes to impersonate vendors and company executives
- Sticky Sort
- Recent Icon
- Auto Pay for Vendors
- Vendor Bank Location
- Combining or separating bill payments to the same vendor
- Locked vendor information
- Syncing multi-currency bills and payments when multi-currency is off in the Accounting Software