- What is Bill.com Vendor Direct?
- Do I need to take any action to enable Bill.com Vendor Direct?
- Do you debit my bank account for Bill.com Vendor Direct payments?
- How much will you be charging for this service?
Vendor Management FAQs
- How does my vendor accept a Bill.com Vendor Direct payment?
- Will my vendor be charged to receive payment via this method?
- How do I know which vendors can be paid via Bill.com Vendor Direct?
Payment Management FAQs
- Why has my Vendor Direct payment not cleared yet?
- My vendor did not receive or cannot find the Mastercard payment, how can I resend it?
- Can a Vendor Direct payment be canceled or voided?
- Do Vendor Direct payments expire?
Credit Card FAQs
What is Bill.com Vendor Direct?
- Bill.com Vendor Direct is a digital payment method that is available along with ePayment and Check in Bill.com. A Vendor Direct payment is a Mastercard payment sent via email. The email includes a single use card number that your vendor can then process through their normal merchant card processing system.
Do I need to take any action to enable Bill.com Vendor Direct?
- No action is required — you don’t have to change a thing. Vendor Direct allows you to reduce or eliminate your check payment transaction fees without changing your process or workflow. Your usual process of uploading, approving and paying bills remains the same, and your bill payments are still funded from your bank account. When your vendors express a preference for accepting payments via credit card, we will automatically update their payment method.
Do you debit my bank account for Bill.com Vendor Direct payments?
- Yes, we will debit your bank account the same way we do for ePayment or Check payments
How much will you be charging for this service?
- Payments made via Bill.com Vendor Direct are free.
How does my vendor accept a Bill.com Vendor Direct payment?
- Vendors who prefer Vendor Direct payments will receive a confirmation letter confirming their enrollment to accept credit card payments. This email will contain detailed instructions on how to process incoming payments. When the payment is initiated, a single-use Mastercard number is emailed to your vendor. The vendor will process this payment just like they do any other card payment through their merchant card system.
Will my vendor be charged to receive payment via this method?
- Bill.com does not assess a charge to the vendor for a Vendor Direct payment. In order to accept card payments, suppliers do pay fees to their merchant card processor. These fees vary widely, depending on what type of card processing system the vendor has enabled. Most vendors who prefer card payments chose this method because they get paid faster and enjoy surety of payment.
How do I know which vendors can be paid via Bill.com Vendor Direct?
- The preference for Vendor Direct will be displayed in Bill.com on the Vendor Details Page. The vendor’s payment preference is often also shown on their bills.
Why has my Vendor Direct payment not cleared yet?
- Vendors do not always process credit card payments daily. It often depends on how many card payments they receive. If you wait another day or so, you will usually find that the payment has been processed successfully.
- If the payment has not cleared, and you are concerned about ensuring that the payment is applied, contact Support and Bill.com will assist you in investigating
My vendor did not receive or cannot find the Mastercard payment, how can I resend it?
- One-time use card numbers cannot be resent. Just like with a missing check, you can void the outstanding Vendor Direct payment and then quickly issue a new one.
Can a Vendor Direct payment be canceled or voided?
- A Vendor Direct payment can be canceled or voided as long as it has not yet been authorized through the supplier’s merchant card processing system
Do Vendor Direct payments expire?
- Vendor Direct payments expire on the last day of the month following the month that the card payment was issued
- Example: If a Vendor Direct payment was issued any day in January 2019, it will expire on the last day of February 2019
Am I able to use my own credit card to make payments?
- The Bill.com platform does not support paying vendors with personal or business credit cards at this time. Bill.com Vendor Direct payments are free of transaction fees to you and provide your vendors with faster access to funds versus check payments.