If you've selected to transact with anyone and have completed the Verify your identity step, your customers/payers will be able to pay you without creating an account. They just enter their bank info, we verify the bank info, and they can send you a payment.
If you accept card payments with BILL (not Vantage), the steps to check out as a guest are found below.
Steps for your customer
- Select Pay Invoice Electronically in the email with the invoice
- Select Add Bank Account
- Enter bank account details
- We'll send test transactions (debit and credit) to verify the bank account
- Agree to Terms of Service
- Select Save
- We'll remember the bank account for next time
- Select the Pay On date
- Select Pay
- We'll send an email confirmation of the payment details
If you are set up to accept credit cards through the new BILL experience, paying by credit card will no longer require your customers to create an account or login to submit payment. Instead, they will see our new guest experience, seen in the second picture below.
Note: At this time, the new BILL experience applies to card payments only. Customers paying by bank account will still be prompted to create a BILL account or login to their existing account to submit an ACH payment.