Once the foreign vendor record has been setup for foreign currency bills, enter the amount in the local currency of the vendor.
Entering USD bills for foreign vendors is just the same as for a domestic vendor.
- From the Vendor's record, click +Bill
- Enter bill details
- Exchange Rate - this will be prepopulated with an estimated exchange rate. You can edit the rate if you'd like, but the rate on the day you pay it will be based on current exchange rates and cannot
- Invoice Number - any numbers or letters to help the vendor identify the bill
- Payment Terms - how soon the vendor expects payment
- Invoice Date - the day the vendor created the invoice
- Due Date - specific date the vendor expects payment (filled automatically if Payment Terms have already been selected)
- Total Amount - the total amount of the bill that needs to be paid
- Description - statement that explains what the bill is for (for internal purposes only)
- Account - Chart of Account to code the bill to
- If the account does not already exist, click Add new account
- To code the bill to more than one Chart of Account, or add items, check the box for Split this amount
- Any other classifications if enabled
- Assign approvers if necessary
- Click Save
Things to know
- If you sync with QuickBooks for Windows, the Bill.com sync dashboard will need to be upgraded. If the sync dashboard is not upgraded, foreign currency vendors & bills will sync to QuickBooks for Windows as USD. Download the new Bill.com Sync Dashboard (~955 KB)
- The ability to create foreign currency bills is supported on the Bill.com mobile app for vendors already set up for foreign currency bills via the online version of Bill.com, both iOS and Android.
- Foreign currency setup for International vendors is not currently supported within the mobile app
- Multi Currency is not supported with recurring bills setup
- Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) does not recognize foreign currency. If enabled, the amount field will be blank for foreign currency bills processed via IVA.
- With Auto Bill Entry (ABE), foreign currency amounts will be ignored. If enabled, the amount field will be blank for foreign currency bills processed by
- This feature is available for Payables only and is not available for Receivables.