Note: As of March 25, 2020, we are unable to send payments to Jordan due to their country-wide lockdown. We will update this message as we receive new information.
Also, due to existing circumstances, some countries are experiencing payment delays as they transition to remote work environments. Please plan for additional time when sending payments to these countries, which you can find on the list of countries.
- Set up an International vendor manually
- Set up an International vendor from an inbox document
- Verify an international vendor's bank
- Things to know
Set up an International vendor manually
- Click Vendors in the left navigation pane
- Click Add Vendor
- Enter vendor name
- Possible network connections will be presented, but vendors connected through the Network cannot be sent international payments, so bypass these matches and continue entering information manually
- Select the vendor type; business or individual
- This is especially important if this vendor will be sent international payments
- Enter in the vendor's email address, physical address, and select your Vendor's bank location
- Vendor bank location field will default to the same country selected in the vendor's address.
- If your vendor's bank is in a different country select the other country from the drop-down
- Enter the vendor's bank information excluding dashes and spaces
- Enter International bank branch identifier
- Looking to enter a swift code? Just enter it, if we can't locate a matching bank we'll pop the international bank search so you can enter additional information for us to find the correct bank
- Alphanumeric bank branch identifiers (IBAN) are case sensitive. All letter(s) must be in uppercase
- Account Number: Bank Account Number of the vendor
- Re-enter Account Number: to confirm account number
- Account/Beneficiary name must match the name on the bank account being entered or payment may be delayed/held by the recipient bank, and must be 35 characters or less
- Some recipient banks do not check to see that the name on the account matches the account number. At the other extreme, some recipient banks will not deposit the money into the account if the name on the money transfer is not exactly the same as the name on the bank account.
- Enter International bank branch identifier
- Select the currency you‘d like to pay this vendor in
- The options available will be based on the country selected under Vendor bank location, with United States always available
- We will always debit in USD
- Select Purpose of Payment, which is required on International wires
- Enter Beneficiary Contact Information
- Enter additional vendor details
- Click Save
Set up an International vendor from an inbox document
If an IBAN # is detected on an inbox document by our Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA), it can be used to setup an International vendor for International wires, if the vendor is not already setup.
IBAN is only detected if:
- The currency on the document matches the currency for the vendor
- The vendor is currently set to offline payments only, not setup for wires
- Only one IBAN is detected on the document
- The IBAN corresponds to at least one Head Office of a bank when searched
When you click "Review and Save" on an inbox document, if an IBAN is detected, you'll see a banner in the Bill Summary section with the associated bank information.
Click Choose Branch or Find Branch to open the bank search with the located branches listed. Select the branch for your vendor if you see it in the list. If you do not not, click the x to close the banner.
These banners will also appear on the vendor records if there is currently a document ini your inbox for that vendor, and an IBAN is detected.
Verify an international vendor's bank
Verify the bank information by following these steps:
- Click more options on the Vendor record
- Click ePayment info
- Click the bank account number
Things to know
- If you remove or change a vendor's bank information, any payments that have already begun processing will not be affected and will still process from the bank that was active when they were scheduled
- Bill.com accounts with account type "Individual (Personal or household use)" will not be able to make International payments
- Foreign bank accounts can be added for Vendors but only USD bank accounts can be added to Bill.com to make payments from
- Once a vendor's bank account has been added, it can not be edited. The bank will need to be deactivated and added again.
- International vendors can not be setup for payment within the mobile app
- Once an International vendor has been set up to receive payments within the online version of Bill.com, they can be paid internationally via the mobile app, both IOS and Android.
- CNY is the official abbreviation of China's currency Renminbi (RMB) and payments are issued at the CNY(RMB) rate