The sync with Xero eliminates double data entry by automatically sending all information to Bill.com from Xero, and sending back payments made/received in Bill.com.
Here's how sync can enable seamless integration of payments with Payables and Receivables workflow:
By default, the sync runs automatically once a day. A sync can also be triggered manually at any time.
The following image shows what objects sync and in which direction.
Things to Know
- All payments must be made/recorded in Bill.com. If making or receiving payments outside of Bill.com, remember to return to Bill.com and mark the bill/invoice as paid.
- Only unpaid invoices in Xero will sync to Bill.com. Draft, partially and fully paid bills/invoices won't sync to Bill.com.
- Bill.com doesn't sync file attachments to/from Xero
- While Items are a two-way sync, Sales Tax is still one way from Xero to Bill.com
- All unpaid bills and invoices from Bill.com sync to Xero as Awaiting Payment
- $0 bills will sync from Bill.com to Xero as Paid
- AR payments in Bill.com will only sync to Xero if applied to an invoice; overpayments/unapplied payments won't sync to Xero
- When initially creating locations and departments, those will sync from Xero to Bill.com and/or Bill.com to Xero. Updates to these items will sync between both systems. Deletions made to these items, however, won't sync in either direction, they must be deleted manually in both systems.
- If using approvals in Xero, once a bill is approved in Xero it can't be deleted, it can only be voided. Voiding an approved bill in Xero won't sync to Bill.com. The bill will need to be manually deleted in Bill.com.