Once a Bill.com account has synced with an accounting system data file, it should not be connected to a new file or accounting software without our assistance. When integrating a Bill.com account with an accounting system data file, Bill.com tags each list element and all transactional data with unique identifiers. These background identifiers eliminate any chance of data being duplicated or synced to the wrong accounting file.
Due to this security feature, it is strongly recommended that the Bill.com account not be synced with a new accounting package and/or data file. A cross integration will create a large number of sync errors and duplicated data that will be labor intensive and time consuming to fix in both systems. In the event that a business is switching to a new accounting package or creates a new accounting data file, it is recommended that a new Bill.com account be created for that company.
Transition to a new Bill.com account
Here are a few suggestions to to prepare for the transition:
- Set up a new Bill.com account, giving it a different name for easy identification
- Make sure the bank account is verified in the new account so payments can continue without interruption
- Do not leave any bills Unpaid in the previous Bill.com account
- In Bill.com, deactivate the bank account and all users in the previous account so they do not accidentally access the incorrect account
- For the previous account, request your Bill.com Documents on DVD ($50.00) by having an administrator on the account submit an on-line DVD request form
- Cancel the previous Bill.com account after the transition is complete to avoid any duplicate charges
If you wish to retain the same Bill.com account, a sync migration by a Bill.com Support Advocate is required.