Our subscription-free Basic Payables account lets customers receiving invoices to organize and streamline their Bill.com experience. Instead of having to log into multiple Customer Portals, they can manage contacts, connect with companies using Bill.com, and pay invoices through Bill.com, all in one place.
How customers sign up for Basic Payables
There are two different ways customers can sign up, depending on how they already use Bill.com:
1. Customer doesn't have a Bill.com account
To invite a customer who doesn't have a Bill.com account, simply send them an invoice. We'll include your Branded Website Address on the invoice, and your customer can use that link to sign up.
When your customer clicks the link in the invoice, we'll ask whether they're:
- A business
- An employee or individual
If they choose An employee or individual, they'll log into a Customer Portal to pay only you. If they choose A business, we'll guide them to create a subscription-free Basic Payables account to manage and pay all their Bill.com contacts.
2. Customer already uses the Bill.com Customer Portal
Your customer will see an upgrade option in their Customer Portal, to convert to a subscription-free Basic Payables account.
3. Customer already has a Bill.com account
If your customer already has a Bill.com account, you have a couple options to connect with them:
- If you have your customer's Payment Network ID (PNI), you can enter that number under their profile in your account to connect
- You can give your customer your Payment Network ID (PNI), and they can enter that in their account under your profile to connect
- You can search for your customer in our network and send an invitation to connect
If you do not see the described feature available in Bill.com, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for Bill.com and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your Bill.com account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.