If you receive a paper check from your customer, you may see an 8-digit code printed on the check stub to help you sign up for a subscription-free Basic Receivables Bill.com account, connect to your customer, and receive your payments even faster, via ePayment.
With a subscription-free Basic Receivables Bill.com account, you can:
- Get paid electronically by all of your customers who use Bill.com to pay their bills
- Manage all your customers
- Explore the Bill.com Network and connect with customers using Bill.com
- Send eInvoices to other Bill.com users
- Manage invoices and record offline payments
- And much more!
Plus, you can use our award-winning iOS and Android apps to do it all on the go!
Use a check code to sign up and receive ePayments
- Go to http://bill.com/epay
- Enter the 8-digit code from your check and select Get Started
- If you already have a Bill.com account, select Sign in with your existing Bill.com account to connect with your customer from your existing account
- If you don't have a check with a code, select No code? No problem. Sign up now to get paid 2x faster to create a subscription-free Basic Receivables account and connect to your customer
Follow the prompts to enter your information and bank account you want to use for ePayments. Once you have setup the account and added a bank, future payments from your customer will be sent as ePayments.
Add the code to your check payments
If you already use Bill.com to send vendor payments, you can add these codes to your sent checks if you have an advanced, paid Bill.com account.
If you have a subscription-free basic account, you'll need to upgrade your account to request check codes.
- Log in to Bill.com
- Select Settings
- Select Profile Under Your Company
- Select edit
- Select Public [Recommended] under Control your network profile visibility
- Select Save
Once your Network Profile is set to Public, contact Bill.com Customer Support by selecting Contact us at the top of this page to request codes on your vendor checks.