Auto pay lets you setup automatic payments for vendors. Administrator users who are bank authorized can setup auto pay.
Note: You must upgrade your subscription free basic account in order to use this feature.
Tip: Set up recurring bills to be automatically created by the system then Auto Pay can take care of the rest. See Resources below on how to set up recurring bills!
Set up Auto Pay for a vendor
- Select Vendors in the left navigation menu
- Select the Vendor name to set up auto pay for
- Select Edit or select More options then Edit Vendor
- Toggle Auto Pay Setup to On
- Enter the maximum amount to be paid
- Maximum payment amount is the total amount that will be paid for each individual bill
- By default, the amount is set to pay entire bill amount
- Enter number of banking days before due date to Process Payment
- This is when the payment will be debited from the bank account, not when the payment will arrive to the vendor
- If entering 0, the payment will debit from the bank account on the due date of the bill
- Maximum allowed is 60, minimum allowed is 0
- Select the bank account to make the payment from
- Select Save
Things to know
- Multi-Currency is not supported with Auto Pay
- If using approval workflow and approver settings dictate that all bills need to be fully approved before they can be paid, Auto Pay will not run on a bill that has not been fully approved
- When a bill(s) for a vendor on Auto Pay is created, and has approvers assigned, an email will be sent to all Admins and any assigned approvers/members of assigned approver groups letting them know approval is needed before the bill(s) will be auto paid. The email will indicate by what date the bill(s) needs approval to prevent the cancelation of the scheduled auto pay.
- If the auto pay is canceled due to lack of approval, all admins will receive a notification of the canceled payments, and payments will need to be manually re-scheduled as auto pay will not run once the bill(s) is approved.
- Auto Pay will run on unpaid bills with no previous payments (including voided or cancelled payments) up to the maximum amount
- Vendor credits are considered a payment and auto pay will not run
- If a vendor has multiple unpaid bills due (or past due), the payment for those invoices will be grouped together into one charge
- If a bill is past due when Auto Pay is enabled, or when the invoice is created, the payment will be debited from the bank account on the next business day
- If the process date is a holiday or weekend, the payment will be initiated on the next business day
- Auto Pay only counts banking days when calculating process dates
- When creating a bill that meets the Process Payment field for payment to be scheduled same day, auto pay will trigger about an hour after bill creation
Turn off Auto Pay for a vendor
- Click Vendors in the left navigation menu
- Click the Vendor name
- Click Edit
- Toggle Auto Pay Setup to Off
- Click Save
If you do not see the described feature available in Bill.com, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for Bill.com and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your Bill.com account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.