While fully and partially unapplied vendor credits do sync from Bill.com to QuickBooks Online, the application of credits sync to Bill.com differently depending on the payment status of the bill.
Vendor credit application partially pays bill
The application of a vendor credit that partially pays a bill will not sync until the bill is paid in full. Both the bill and the vendor credit will sync over to QuickBooks Online but the credit will not be applied to the bill in QuickBooks Online.
If a vendor credit application only partially pays a bill, after syncing, in QuickBooks Online:
- Bill will be in fully unpaid status
- Vendor credit will be in fully unapplied status
Once a payment is applied to the remainder of the bill in Bill.com, when the payment syncs to QuickBooks Online, the application of the credit will then sync. In QuickBooks Online:
- Bill wil be in fully paid status
- Vendor credit will be in fully applied status and associated to the bill
- Bill.com payment will be associated to the bill
Vendor credit application pays bill in full
If the vendor credit fully pays the bill, after syncing, in QuickBooks Online:
- Bill will be in paid status
- Vendor credit will be in applied status and associated to the bill
- A new $0 payment will be associated to the bill
Things to know
- Manually applying the credit in QuickBooks Online will result in a sync error when payment for the remainder of the bill sync to QuickBooks Online
If you do not see the described feature available in Bill.com, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for Bill.com and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your Bill.com account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.