Why the Sync Error occurs
When saving an accounts list, an error indicates that the account number is in use. This error is caused by a duplicate account in Bill.com and Quickbooks.
How to Fix the Sync Error
Merge the duplicate accounts. When merging, keep the record that contains the integration ID.
- Click Settings
- Under Accounting, click Chart of Accounts
- Click Merge Duplicates
- Marl the checkboxes for the two accounts that need to be merged Note: Only two duplicates can be merged at a time. Multiple records require multiple merges.
- After selecting the accounts, a comparison table is displayed with the record information to choose which data from each account to retain
- Click merge to merge all payment information into one account, preserving the selected information
- After completing the merge, run the sync
Things to know
If there is no duplicate account, follow these alternate steps to fix the issue in QuickBooks:
- In QuickBooks, add an asterisk to the account name
- Initiate a sync to pull the account into Bill.com
- Merge the duplicate accounts in Bill.com (following the instructions above) and keep the record that synced from QuickBooks with the asterisk in the account name
- After syncing completes successfully, remove asterisk from the account name