Why the Sync Error occurs
This error is often due to a USB device (e.g., a flash drive, external hard drive, MP3 player, cell phone) that has not been safely removed from the computer.
How to Fix the Sync Error
To resolve this error:
- Close QuickBooks and the Bill.com Sync Dashboard
- Safely remove the device from the computer by clicking on the Safely Remove Hardware icon
- It's located in the notification area on the far right of the taskbar
- Click the Show hidden icons button to display all icons in the notification area
- Alternatively, safely remove devices from the Computer folder by clicking Start Computer, right-click the device you want to remove, and click Eject
- Remove the device if is still plugged into the computer
- Sync again
If the error continues, reboot the computer and sync again.