Why the Sync Error occurs
This error occurs when the name of the record is edited to a name that already exists on either the Vendor, Customer, Employee, or "Other Names" list within QuickBooks. QuickBooks does not allow for any two records to have the same name. For example, if you have a Vendor named ACME Bakery, you can not also have a Customer with the same name of ACME Bakery.
How to Fix the Sync Error
- If there is a duplicate record in Bill.com, contact Customer Support to merge.
- If there is an existing record with the name in the same list in QuickBooks, change the name slightly in Bill.com, like adding an asterisk to the end of the vendor name. Once the record syncs, edit the name in QuickBooks to remove the asterisk or extra characters added. QuickBooks will display a prompt to merge the records.
- If you cannot find an existing record in the same list in QuickBooks, it's likely that the name is in a different list in QuickBooks (Vendors, Customers, Employees or Other Names).
- Edit the name slightly in Bill.com by adding an asterisk (or other unique character) and sync
- Append the vendor name to include "- Vendor" at the end can also work if the same name appears on your customer or employee list
- As long as the "Pay To" field is accurate, payment will be issued to the correct vendor name