Sending a note to a vendor
Bill.com allows the option to send notes to connected Vendors within the system. If the vendor created a Bill.com account and that account is networked to your Bill.com account, a note can be sent to communicate when issues arise.
General message for vendor
- In the left navigation pane, click Vendors
- Click the vendor's name
- Click Notes
- Enter the message in the "Start writing your note here" section
- Click the toggle next to "Visible to vendor"
- Click Save
Adding a Note to a specific bill
- In the left navigation pane, click Bills
- Click the Bill #
- Click Add Notes on the top right, above the Bill Summary section
- Click the toggle next to "Make this note visible to vendor"
- Click Save
Things to know
- If the "Visible to vendor" option is not selected, messages left in the Vendor profile and on Bills will be visible only to other Bill.com users who work in the account and can view Bills
- If a vendor leaves a note, users with manage bill permissions will receive an email notification
- You can click reply in the email from the vendor to be taken directly to the note in Bill.com
- The "Visible to vendor" option will not appear on vendors not connected through the network