Please consider the following when syncing data between Bill.com and QuickBooks Desktop.
Processing Payables without 2-way bill sync enabled
- Managing and paying bills should be done in Bill.com and synced to QuickBooks Desktop
- Creation of bills or changes to bills in QuickBooks Desktop will not sync to Bill.com
Processing Payables with 2-way bill sync enabled
If you've enabled 2-way bill sync:
- Create and edit bills in QuickBooks Desktop and it will sync to Bill.com
- Create and edit bills in Bill.com and it will sync to QuickBooks Desktop
- Pay bills or record payments in Bill.com
- Updates made to a vendor credit in Bill.com will not sync to QuickBooks after the original version has synced
- Vendor credits are not applied via the sync until a bill is paid in full
- If a credit only covers part of a bill's balance, the credit will not be applied in QuickBooks Desktop until the remainder of the bill is paid, even though the credit is applied in Bill.com.
- In this case, the credit(s) should not be manually applied in QuickBooks Desktop or future payments will error upon syncing to the associated bill(s)
- When the remainder of the bill is paid, the vendor credit application will sync with the payment
- On accounts created before June 5, 2020, invoice status and amount due on invoices in QuickBooks Desktop will sync to Bill.com. Please contact Customer Support by clicking Contact Us at the top of this page if you'd like to disable it.
- Create invoices in Bill.com or QuickBooks Desktop
- Send invoices and record payments in Bill.com
- If an invoice is created in Bill.com, changes can be made in Bill.com until a sync is run
- Once the invoice is synced to QuickBooks Desktop, changes to the invoice can only be done in QuickBooks Desktop
- Invoices live in QuickBooks Desktop, invoicing (sending/processing payment) lives in Bill.com
Things to know
- Locations do not sync
- Automatic sync not available
If you do not see the described feature available in Bill.com, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for Bill.com and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your Bill.com account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.