If you download your bank feed into your accounting software, you may need to mark offline payments in Bill.com not to sync to your accounting software so there are no duplicates.
You may also be able to match the synced payments from Bill.com with downloaded bank transactions. See the sections below for each option.
Mark an offline payment to not sync
When recording payments in Bill.com that were made outside of Bill.com and have also already been recorded in the accounting software, mark the payment not to sync:
- Select Bills in the navigation menu
- Select the bill you want to mark as paid
- Select More Actions
- Select Mark as paid
- Deselect the checkbox for Sync to accounting software
- Select Submit
Sync payments from Bill.com to the accounting software and match
As an alternative, post the payments first in Bill.com, then allow the system to sync them to the accounting software, matching the payments to the transactions that you download from the bank.
Things to know
- Refer to your accounting software's Support site for additional instructions on matching online banking transactions to existing transactions
- If you have already recorded a payment in your accounting software as well as Bill.com but you didn't deselect the sync option, contact Customer Support to mark the payment not to sync