Table of Contents
- Intacct Sync and Known Limitations
- Determining the Bill.com/Intacct configuration to use
- Decision Tree
- How to set up the account
- Best Practices Overview
This section covers a high-level overview of the following:
- List of objects that sync from Bill.com to Intacct, and vice versa
- Known limitations
Intacct Sync and Known Limitations
|Object||Intacct to Bill.com||Bill.com to Intacct||Known Limitations|
|General||Chart of Accounts||Yes||Yes||Account labels not supported|
|Departments||Yes||Yes||- Bill.com uses default Intacct terminology, so changes to Intacct terms for Department do not sync over to Bill.com (e.g. we always display as "Department" in Bill.com)
- Department Groups do not sync
|Projects / Jobs||Yes||Yes||- Projects / jobs cannot be created in Bill.com
- Jobs are read-only in Bill.com
|Currency||Yes||Yes||- Multi-currency is not supported. Bill.com supports only one currency. By default it's set to USD, but it can be changed in Sync Preferences.
- If the Intacct account is a multi-currency account with multiple base currencies enabled, transaction currency will need to be set to USD in Bill.com
|Bank Account balance||Yes||No|
|Attachments||No||No||Bill.com does not sync attachments to/from Intacct. Use Bill.com to directly upload attachments. If attachments also need to be in Intacct, upload in Intacct after each transaction has synced.|
|Approvals||No||No||Bill.com doesn't sync approvals to/from Intacct, however, the ability to sync ONLY Approved bills and vendor credits to Intacct is available|
|Payables||Vendors||Yes||Yes||- Tax1099 works differently in Bill.com than Intacct. See best practices below to set up 1099 in Bill.com with Intacct.
- If creating two vendors with the same name in Intacct, only the first one will sync to Bill.com; the second one will result in a sync error
- Bill.com uses the Vendor Name for matching, so Name should be unique within Bill.com to avoid duplicates
- The sync supports Intacct inactivation. The sync will inactivate the Vendor in Bill.com.
- The sync does not support Intacct deletions. The sync will not delete the Vendor in Bill.com
|AP Funds Transfer||No||Yes||Only one location per Bill.com account is supported for funds transfers|
|Bills||Yes, fully unpaid bills only||Yes||- Partially and fully-paid bills will not sync from Intacct to Bill.com
- When a bill with a voided payment is deleted in Bill.com the deletion cannot sync to Intacct - it must be manually reversed in Intacct
- The ability to sync ONLY Approved bills to Intacct is available
|Bill Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Intacct do not sync to Bill.com
- Partial payments: Payments cannot be applied to specific bill line items
- Voided payments: If a payment needs to be voided with a specific date, the best practice is to first void in Intacct and then in Bill.com
- The memo field for Offline Payments in Bill.com does not sync to Intacct
|Vendor Credits||Yes, fully unapplied vendor credits only||Yes||- Intacct does not allow us to specify which vendor credit was used in Bill.com
- Neither partial nor full vendor credit applications sync from Intacct to Bill.com
- Intacct adjustments do not sync. Negative bills will sync as vendor credits to Bill.com
- The ability to sync ONLY Approved vendor credits is available
|Purchase Order||Yes, once PO's are converted to unpaid bills||N/A||- The original Purchase Orders can not be viewed in Bill.com.
PO's and Receivers can be converted to Bills and Vendors in Intacct. Once converted, the bill will sync into Bill.com. PO Bills can then be approved and paid via Bill.com.
- The PO# must be in the "Reference Number" field of the bill/vendor credit in Intacct. The Purchase Order number will then appear on bills and vendor credits that originated from POs in Bill.com.
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Intacct) should not be edited in Bill.com, or sync errors will occur
|Receivables||Customers||Yes||Yes||- If creating two customers with the same name in Intacct, only the first one will sync to Bill.com; the second one will result in a sync error
- Bill.com uses the Customer Name for matching, so Names should be unique within Bill.com to avoid duplicates
|Invoices||Yes, fully unpaid invoices only||Yes||Bill.com supports sales tax as an invoice line item, associated with a sales tax GL account|
|Advanced Sales Tax||N/A||N/A||Invoices cannot be created in Bill.com if using Advanced Sales Tax. Create invoices in Intacct with Advanced Sales Tax. The sync will bring them to Bill.com for payment.|
|Items||Yes||Yes||- The sync cannot bring the Chart of Account and Price fields of Items from Intacct into Bill.com. These fields are not exposed in the Intacct API.
- The Order Entry module must be enabled in Intacct for items to sync
|AR Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Intacct do not sync to Bill.com
- Payments cannot be applied to a specific invoice line item
- Voided payments: Payments that have synced, and are then voided, will generate a sync error, instructing the user to manually void in Intacct. The ability to sync the void of a previously-synced AR payment is not available in the Intacct API.
|Credit Memos||No||No||Credit memos need to be manually applied in both Bill.com and Intacct|
|AR Funds Transfer||No||Yes|
|AR Payment Convenience Fee||No||Yes|
|Sales Order||Yes, after SO's are converted to unpaid invoices||N/A||- SO's cannot be viewed in Bill.com
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Intacct) should not be edited in Bill.com, or sync errors will occur.
Determining the Bill.com/Intacct configuration to use
How to set up the account
Recommended configurations for the best sync experience
Multi-Entity account syncs must follow Intacct's existing Top/Entity logic. For example, if you are syncing at the Top Level and create a Vendor, the Vendor will be managed at the Top Level, and cannot be edited at the Entity Level.
Single-Entity accounts have no permission-level issues.
Below is a table with all the configurations we support. They vary based on the complexity of the configuration.
|Configuration||A: Single Bill.com syncing to Single-Entity Sage Intacct||B: Multiple Bill.com accounts syncing to Single-Entity Sage Intacct||C: Single Bill.com syncing to the Top level of a Multi-Entity Sage Intacct||D: Multiple Bill.com accounts syncing to the Top level of a Multi-Entity Sage Intacct||E: Single Bill.com syncing to one Entity of a Multi-Entity Sage Intacct||F: Multiple Bill.com accounts syncing to multiple Entities of a Multi-Entity Sage Intacct|
|Expected Limitations||-||-||Objects created at Entity level won't sync to Bill.com||Objects created at Entity level won't sync to Bill.com||Objects created at the Top level can't be edited via the sync (i.e. updates in Bill.com won't sync to Sage Intacct)||Objects created at the Top level can't be edited via the sync (i.e. updates in Bill.com won't sync to Sage Intacct)|
|Notes||-||- Must contact Support to disable 2-way transaction sync.  - Lists will shared amongst each Bill.com account||All transactions must be coded to Locations/ Entities||- Must contact Support to disable 2-way transaction sync.  - Lists will shared amongst each Bill.com account||-||-|
|Supports Inter-Entity Transfers: Due To/Due From||N/A||N/A||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Requires Entity ID to be entered in Login Info in Bill.com||N/A||N/A||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Where is the Bill.com Clearing Account/Funds Transfer bank account set up and owned?||Standard Level||Standard Level||Top Level||Top Level||Entity Level||Entity Level|
|Which sync setup guide should be used?||Standard Guide||Standard Guide||Standard Guide||Multi-Entity Guide||Multi-Entity Guide||Multi-Entity Guide|
 The sync will be limited to syncing transactions one way, from Bill.com to Intacct. Syncing transactions from Intacct to Bill.com isn't supported in this configuration.
Best Practices Overview
- Close date
- If syncing with Intacct at the top level (configuration C or D), you must set the closed books date in Bill.com manually to avoid sync errors
- Chart of Accounts
- To make a Chart of Account type Bank or Credit Card in Bill.com, create a bank account or charge account in Intacct, and associate it to the corresponding Chart of Account.
- Vendor 1099
- Bill.com tracks whether vendors are 1099 or not. Bill.com doesn't contain information about the 1099 box or type. Therefore, 1099 vendors created in Bill.com are synced to Intacct as form1099type=MISC and form1099box=7. If this default value is not what you need for your 1099 vendors, you should always create your 1099 vendors in Intacct so you can select the correct form type / box.
- 1099 Line Items
- Bill.com doesn't support selecting the form1099 per bill line item. Instead, you need to set the field 1099 Category on the chart of account(s) used on bills line item to any value other than "None" so they will sync as form1099=true to Intacct.
- Only unpaid bills sync from Intacct into Bill.com, so you should always initiate payments in Bill.com. On the Bill.com Pay page you can pay via Bill.com (check or ACH), select to print check in Intacct, or record payment made outside of Bill.com. The sync will send the related payment or check to be printed in Intacct.
- We can't update paid bills in Intacct. If you plan to re-classify bills in Bill.com after they are paid, you need to enable Re-classify transactions in your Intacct configuration to avoid sync errors.
- Any POs in Intacct will sync to Bill.com once they are converted to unpaid bills. Once they sync, they are ready to be approved and paid.
- In order for bills to sync seamlessly into Intacct, you’ll need to disable approval in Intacct. This option is found under Accounts Payable > Configure Accounts Payable > Payment Approval Settings section. You’ll need to uncheck the “Disable Approval” option. If you choose to have this option unchecked, you’ll need to approve all bills for payments to be recorded.
- Vendor Credits
- Only unpaid vendor credits sync from Intacct, so you should apply vendor credits in Bill.com. When you make a payment with the vendor credit, we will sync it to Intacct where it gets automatically applied, based on the oldest available vendor credit. If you didn’t use the oldest available vendor credit when applying in Bill.com, you will need to manually update, in Intacct, which vendor credit was applied.
- Vendor Credits can sync to Bill.com but the application of the vendor credit is not supported. You will need to apply the vendor credit manually in Bill.com.
- Intacct adjustments don't sync. Negative bills do sync as vendor credits to BDC.
- Credit Memos
- Currently, Credit Memos don't sync to/from Intacct. They need to be manually applied in both Bill.com and Intacct.
- Bills/Invoices using Items
- Always code the bill/invoice with an Account. The integration doesn’t sync the Account associated to the Item. </div