Bill payments by credit card outside the system
At this time, the Bill.com system does not allow the ability to pay bills using a credit card. Bills can be paid by bank account within Bill.com.
If a bill has been paid via credit card outside of Bill.com, mark the bill as already paid. This offline payment will sync to your accounting software to mark the same bill paid in your accounting software.
Marking a bill as paid (recording an offline payment)
- Click Vendors in the left navigation pane
- Click the vendor who has been paid
- Click the invoice number that was paid
- Click More actions
- Click Mark as paid
- Enter the payment amount
- Update the process date to match actual payment date
- Select the chart of account for the credit card
- Enter a reference number, often used to note the credit card payment
- Click Submit