At this time, you can't pay bills in Bill.com with a credit card. You can only pay bills by bank account.
If you've paid a bill via credit card outside of Bill.com, you can mark the bill as already paid. This offline payment will sync to your accounting software to mark the same bill paid in your accounting software.
Mark a bill as paid (record an offline payment)
- Select Bills in the navigation menu
- Select the checkbox for the invoice number(s) that was paid
- Select Mark as paid
- Enter the payment amount
- Update the payment date to match the date you paid the bill
- Select the chart of account for the credit card
- Enter a reference number (Ref #), often used to note the credit card payment
- Select Submit
Things to know:
If combined payments are enabled:
- If syncing with Quickbooks Desktop, we sync one payment for each bill (even if it is a combined payment for multiple bills).
- For all other accounting softwares, one payment will sync to the accounting software for multiple bills paid in one payment for the same vendor
- The entire combined payment will attempt to sync to the accounting software for all bills paid together for the same vendor, even if the sync check box is unchecked for one or more bill
- The sync check box must be unchecked for all bills paid for the same vendor in order for the payment not to sync
- The Ref # entered for each bill payment in Bill.com will sync to the accounting software as a combined sequential list, starting with the lowest invoice number, up to the maximum characters allowed for the field (varies by accounting software)
- Example: Invoices 1111, 1112, 1113 are all marked as paid in a combined payment in Bill.com, with reference numbers 0123, 4567, 8910 respectively. The payment will sync to the accounting software with the combined Ref# 0123, 4567, 8910