To help streamline and consolidate your payables, Purchase Orders (POs) can sync between Bill.com and Oracle NetSuite or Sage Intacct, if you have enabled that setting in your account.
For accounts that sync with accounting software other than Oracle NetSuite or Sage Intacct, POs will not sync. Bills linked to POs in the accounting software will sync, and the PO # displays in the PO # field.
Accounts that do not sync will not have PO functionality in Bill.com currently.
- Purchase Order Sync Workflow
- Purchase Order Statuses
- Additional info for Sage Intacct
- Additional info for Oracle NetSuite
- Things to know
- Things to know if not using Purchase Order sync
Purchase Order Sync Workflow
POs must be created and maintained in Sage Intacct or Oracle NetSuite. POs are view only in Bill.com, and are a 1 way only sync, from Sage Intacct or Oracle NetSuite to Bill.com.
- Create the PO in Sage Intacct or Oracle NetSuite
- Sync, which creates the view-only PO in Bill.com
- Create a bill for the PO in Sage Intacct or Oracle NetSuite
- Sync, which creates the bill in Bill.com and links it to to the PO in Bill.com
- Schedule payment for the bill in Bill.com
- Sync, which creates the payment record in Sage Intacct or Oracle NetSuite and updates the bill and PO status, depending on partial or full payment/receipt
You do have the option to create the bill for the PO in Bill.com directly, and link it to the PO in Bill.com. That bill will then sync to Sage Intacct or Oracle NetSuite and link to the PO.
Once a bill is linked to a PO, it cannot be unlinked and must be deleted if a new bill is required.
Purchase Order Statuses
POs in Bill.com will have one of four statuses:
- Partially filled
Those statuses sync from Sage Intacct/Oracle NetSuite, to Bill.com as follows:
|Pending Billing||Partially Filled|
|Partially received||Partially Filled|
|Partially converted||Partially Filled|
Note: POs in draft status, and any approval statuses on the POs in Sage Intacct or Oracle NetSuite will not sync to Bill.com
Additional info for Sage Intacct
- 2 new sync preferences will be required to sync POs
- PO Template Name on Intacct
- PO Vendor Invoice Template Name on Intacct
- Vendor Invoices in Sage Intacct do not sync to Bill.com
- The PO number must be entered into the "Reference Number" field of the bill/vendor credit in Sage Intacct
Additional info for Oracle NetSuite
- If you create a bill for a PO in Bill.com instead of Oracle NetSuite, be sure to sync twice to update the PO status in Bill.com.
- The first sync will sync the bill from Bill.com to Oracle NetSuite and update the PO status.
- The second sync then updates the PO status in Bill.com, from Oracle NetSuite
- If Oracle NetSuite is setup to receive items on a PO, the status will not be updated to "filled" in Bill.com until items are received in Oracle NetSuite, even if a bill is attached to the PO in Bill.com
- The PO will have a "receive" button in Oracle NetSuite if it is setup for item receipt
- If a bill is created in Bill.com and linked to a PO that has not yet been marked as received in Oracle NetSuite, "Bill in Advance of Receipt" needs to be enabled in Oracle NetSuite, or the bill will cause a sync error and will not sync to Oracle NetSuite (see article at the bottom of this page)
Things to know
- Please see the FAQs linked below for more information
- Purchase order numbers can be viewed when adding documents from the Inbox to existing bills to ensure the document is being linked to the correct bill
- Purchase orders are currently only available for Oracle NetSuite Sync and Sage Intacct Sync
- Multi-Currency purchase orders are not supported at this time
Things to know if not using Purchase Order sync
- The PO number must be entered into the "Reference Number" field of the bill/vendor credit in Intacct
- To avoid sync errors, bills/vendor credits originating from POs should not be edited in Bill.com. A reminder will be displayed when Edit is clicked on any bill/vendor credit originating from a PO.
- If you need to edit a bill/vendor credit originating from a PO, make the edit in Oracle NetSuite or Sage Intacct and let the update sync in to Bill.com.