When bills need to be created on a regular, recurring basis, Bill.com offers the option to schedule the automatic creation of the bills.
Tip: Want to have the payment automatically debited for these recurring bills? See Resources below on how to set up a vendor for Auto Pay!
Scheduling recurring bills
- Click Bills in the left navigation pane
- Click Recurring Bills in the top left menu; or click the more options icon and click Recurring Bills
- Click New
- Enter the schedule information for the recurring bill:
- Next Due Date: The due date for the next bill to be created for this vendor.
- Create: How many days in advance the bill should be created. By default this is set to 30, Any value between 1 and 365 is allowed.
- Frequency: How often the bill should be created.
- Ends On: The date this recurring bill will cease to be scheduled. Alternatively, select No End Date. The end date should be at least one day after the date that the last bill is created to ensure that the final bill is generated.
- Enter the bill information:
- Vendor: Select the vendor for the bill. Select an existing vendor, or select Add New to quickly enter a new one
- Description: Open field to add information for others reviewing and/or paying the bill. This field isn't required, but providing information is a good practice.
- Account: The account used for coding the bill
- Amount: Enter the total bill amount if there are no splits, otherwise, click "+ More"
- Line Items: For more splits/line items, click "+ More"
- Description: More details about the line item
- Enter Approvers (optional):
- Select the required approvers
- To add more than two approvers, click + Add More Approvers
- Click Save
On the specified date, the recurring bill will be created with an invoice number that matches the bill due date. Any bills that are specified to be created today or earlier will be created within the next 30 minutes.
Things to know
- Recurring bills do not include the automatic payment of the bills
- If a document goes with a recurring bill, attach the document from the Inbox after the recurring bill is created each month
If you do not see the described feature available in Bill.com, you may not have access to the feature based on permissions for your role and/or your plan does not have this feature. If you wish to get access to the feature, please review the available plans for Bill.com and upgrade accordingly or contact the Administrator of your Bill.com account. Changes in monthly user fees may apply.