Why the Sync Error occurs
This error occurs when a vendor syncing from NetSuite has the same Vendor ID as another vendor that already exists in Bill.com. The name matching process of sync wil not work when duplicate vendors exist.
How to Fix the Sync Error
Locate the duplicate vendor in Bill.com. Delete one of the duplicate vendors or merge them into one vendor record.
To find the vendors causing the error take these steps:
- From the Sync Status page, locate the error
- Highlight and copy the Object ID (the long string of numbers and letters listed in the error)
- Paste the Object ID into the Search field at the top of the page in Bill.com
- Open the listed vendors in separate tabs
- If both vendor profile have transactions, merging is the best option
- If one of the vendor records does not have any associated transactions, it can be deleted
- After deleting one of the vendor records (or merging them), sync again