- What is Intelligent Virtual Assistant?
- What else should I know about this feature?
- What is Click and Capture?
- Will I be charged for this?
- How does Intelligent Virtual Assistant work?
- Why did IVA not read all fields of the bill?
- Can this feature create multiple bills from a multi-page document?
- Is there a limit to how many pages a multi-page document can have for this feature?
- What if I want to opt out?
What is Intelligent Virtual Assistant?
Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) is a feature that uses advanced technologies like machine learning to extract invoice information from the first page of documents in your Inbox. The information we will attempt to extract is:
- Invoice #
- Invoice date
- Due date
- Vendor name
- PO #
- IBAN #
- IBAN is only detected if:
- The currency on the document matches the currency for the vendor
- The vendor is currently set to offline payments only, not setup for wires
- Only one IBAN is detected on the document
- The IBAN corresponds to a bank when searched
- IBAN is only detected if:
The information will be pre-filled on the review bill screen and the bill will only be created after you review and accept the information.
If an IBAN # is detected, it can be used to setup an International vendor for International wires, if the vendor is not already setup. Please see the International Wire Payments: Setting up an International vendor for wire transfer article at the bottom of this page for details.
This feature is not available on Basic accounts at this time.
What else should I know about this feature?
Machine learning gets better over time. If we are not confident with the accuracy of a document, we will not show you any results. Hence, you will see some documents processed and some that are not. For documents that are not processed by the Intelligent Virtual Assistant, they will need to be coded manually.
What is Click and Capture?
For those documents or fields we are not able to process or copy to the bill via IVA, we now have Click and Capture, a feature enabling clickable copy and paste from the document image to the Bill Summary or Expense Details windows to easily complete the bill's basic details from the document!
Click and capture also works to copy IBAN or bank information from foreign currency invoices to make adding bank info to a foreign vendor easier, while adding it as part of bill creation.
While IVA will only make predictions for a bill from the first page of a document, click and capture will work on up to 10 pages of a document.
Simply select text to copy from the bill's document image, then click the field in the Bill Summary or Expense Details window where you'd like to paste the text. If you select Split this amount, you can click and capture in those fields as well.
Ways to select text:
- Move your cursor around a block of text;
- hover near a single word until the single word is highlighted to click and copy a single word
- hover above a sentence until the full sentence is highlighted to click and copy a full sentence
- hover above a paragraph until the full paragraph is highlighted to click and copy a full paragraph
- To manually copy multiple text regions at once, hold down the Command key (for Mac) or the Ctrl key (for PC), then click in the Bill Summary window
- To clear copied text without pasting, right-click or hit escape
Click and Capture now also works when quick adding a vendor from the Bill Summary window.
You can also click to capture an address from the document and paste into the vendor record as the new vendor's address.
- This feature won't be available for screen sizes less than 768px width.
- Click and Capture does work on an undocked document
Will I be charged for this?
Absolutely not! However, we would greatly appreciate any feedback that you might have. Either click on Provide Feedback from the Inbox page and submit it or send an email to email@example.com. This will help us focus on the right things to target building next.
How does Intelligent Virtual Assistant work?
You will see an informational banner at the top of the Inbox. Once the documents start coming into the Inbox, any documents that can be processed will be highlighted in blue. Note: IVA currently only works on PDF, png, jpg, or jpeg type documents. We will be expanding to other file types in the future.
There will be some pieces of information highlighted on the document card - like vendor name, due date and amount.
Once the button Review & Save is clicked, you will be taken to the bill entry screen with fields populated.
- Create a new vendor for your records by clicking Add new vendor
- Use an existing vendor by selecting it from the Vendor Name drop-down
Once you have reviewed or edited the populated fields and entered any information that is missing, click Save to create the bill.
You can verify on the Create Bill page if the IVA predictions are correct by locating the colored boxes. If you correct a field, the colored box is removed.
You can also upload or drag/drop a new document onto the Create Bill page. The bill details will be autofilled/prefilled for review. Fields already touched by the user are excluded from the IVA results.
The IVA results will be available within 5-10 seconds of uploading or dragging and dropping a document in.
Why did IVA not read all fields of the bill?
Machine learning algorithms will try to predict all five (5) required fields for creating the bill. If it can only predict less than five (5) with high confidence, we will show you those to give you some help with data entry.
IVA currently works on PDF, png, jpg, and jpeg type documents.
IVA does not currently recognize foreign currency, the amount field will be blank for foreign currency bills processed via IVA.
Can this feature create multiple bills from a multi-page document?
No, IVA will not create separate bills from a multi-page document.
Is there a limit to how many pages a multi-page document can have for this feature?
Yes, IVA will trigger on a multi-page document up to 100 pages.
What if I want to opt out?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to opt out of using IVA.