Separating bill payments to the same vendor
Bill payments with the same process date to the same vendor can be separated into multiple payments.
Separating payments permanantly for a specific vendor
- Click the more options three dots from the vendor's record
- Click Edit Vendor
- Scroll down to Additional Information section
- Select No for Combine Payments field
- Click Save
Note: This setting is not active unless the global setting under Payables preferences is set to Yes
Separating payments for a specific vendor one time only
- Click Review & pay next to one of the bills for the vendor from the Bills tab on the left navigation menu
- Click Pay
- Repeat for each bill from the same vendor The vendor will receive a separate payment and confirmation email for each bill, even if the process date is the same for all payments being issued. There will be a charge for each payment.
Things to know
- Choose to combine or separate bill payments for all vendors (Payables Preferences), an individual vendor (vendor page), or an individual payment (when you pay bills)
- If a combined payment is already scheduled, but should be separated into individual payments, the payment will need to be canceled or voided, then re-schedule to pay the bills separately