Why the sync error occurs
This error occurs when a bill payment payment can't sync to Xero because a payment has been recorded manually in Xero.
How to fix the sync error
- To allow the payment to sync, delete the payment in Xero, then sync again
- If choosing not to delete the payment in Xero, select I've updated this Bill in Xero; remove this error and sync future updates
- If selecting to retain the manually recorded payment in Xero, for bill payments that were made via Bill.com the payment account should be Money Out Clearing Account
- If selecting the GL for the bank account, the Money Out Clearing Account and the bank account in Xero will be out of balance
- Offline payments should not be posted to the Money Out Clearing Account as there would be no funds transfer to offset it